PDA

View Full Version : nervous and new

maz
15-11-06, 19:45
I am new to this site, I have been diagnosed with depression and my GP diagnosed me with citalopram 20 mg 3 weeks ago. The anxiety is high. I cannot now leave the house without having a panic attack which has is now resulting in me vomiting in front of everybody in the street. My best friend lost her son to cancer in May, he was 31, a good friend and I had known him all his life. I helped my friend nurse him at home (he did not want to go to hospital). This meant that I took a lot of time from work and eventually I had no choice but to leave my job. I was ok at first and then horrible thoughts kept coming into my head. I am terrified that one of my children will become ill or my husband will become ill. I feel horrible things happening to me inside. I shake and tremble all the time now. I cant sleep at night but can sleep all day. I had a good job now I forget what I doing and the confusion makes me scared. I find it hard to read the paper. I feel self indulgent, useless and guilty. And I go on and on and on and on as you can see. I bore myself.
regards to you all
maria

trac67
15-11-06, 19:53
Hi,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends.

take care

Trac xxx

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwritten'

mooks
15-11-06, 19:56
hI mAZ

Welcome to the site..its so supportive...we've all been there or are still there(me) or on our way there
let us know how your getting on

maz
15-11-06, 20:03
Thanks,

It does feel good to know that there is an outlet. I usually find that writing things down helps but for some reason I have clammed up. Thankyou

honeybee3939
15-11-06, 20:03
Hi Maria,

A BIG warm welcome to you, lovely to see you here im sure you will get some great advice while making new friends on the way, I hope we can help you on your road to recovery.

First Steps:
First Steps to overcoming Panic and Anxiety (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=942)

Love

Andrea
xxx

ajk
15-11-06, 20:25
Hi Maz you are not boring , useless and self indulgent you have been wonderful friend in a difficult and testing situation - there are not many people who could have coped like you did, and what an impact it had on your life, having to leave your job... I feel for you I really do Maz - my anxiety started when someone close to me died - the medication I was given took about 6 weeks to kick in and I got myself to a CBT counsellor as quickly as I could. It helped me manage all the weird thoughts and feelings and symptoms I was having. Keep visiting this site there is lots of help and good advice here. PM me anytime if you want. Love Alison

manmoor
16-11-06, 15:12
Hi Maria,

A big warm welcome to you.

Take Care

Mandyxx

Chopper
16-11-06, 15:38
Maz, have a look at IF you're EMETAPHOBIC.. read this!!! (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=14797)

Happiness and light to you,
'Chopper'

I saw her once, one little while, and then no more:
’Twas Eden’s light on Earth a while, and then no more.
Amid the throng she passed along the meadow-floor:
Spring seemed to smile on Earth awhile, and then no more;
But whence she came, which way she went, what garb she wore
I noted not; I gazed a while, and then no more!

James Clarence Mangan 1803 - 1849

kittykat
16-11-06, 17:07
Hi there Maz

A great big HELLO to you, you'll find this site really helps you.

take care xx

nomorepanic
19-11-06, 20:42
Hi Maria

Welcome aboard and lovely to see you here.

Hope you get some great support and advice on here.

Please feel free to ask us any questions you need answering.

Nicola

People will forget what you said
People will forget what you did
But people will never forget how you made them feel