PDA

View Full Version : Jaw of my mouth inside

katyfitz
10-01-14, 11:47
My jaw is very sore at the back on the bone by my last tooth on right hand side. It's got a white bit of skin there and it really hurts to open my mouth and eat. I'm thinking what is this? And all I could think about is mouth cancer and am dying slowly.really just wanna believe it's an ulcer or even a tooth coming through which is fine but why am I so fearful. I'm in tenerife and just wanna enjoy myself but can't as it's so sore and I keep thinking the worst x

LunaLiuna
10-01-14, 12:18
Do you clench your jaw a lot?

katyfitz
10-01-14, 12:36
No, dunno if I do in my sleep tho. I'm scared its throat cancer

LunaLiuna
10-01-14, 12:40
Well I do it in my sleep and I have cuts and stuff around that spot, and it doesn't feel the best to open my jaw either so that could be a reason :)

katyfitz
10-01-14, 12:41
Why do I think the worst

LunaLiuna
10-01-14, 12:43
I think we all do, we then feel worse because of it, you'll be fine :)

captcha
10-01-14, 12:43
It sounds like a compacted wisdom tooth, unless yours are fully developed?

katyfitz
10-01-14, 13:29
I have had mine out. I just don't want it to be throat cancer. Anyone else would just put it down to an ulcer but not me I have to think the worst x

Fly away Katie
10-01-14, 17:12
Because you're anxious about what it is, you'll be tensing your jaw and all around the area which won't be helping. A white spot sounds like an ulcar, and they can be most unpleasant feeling! It won't be throat cancer- You'd have way worse symptoms! Cancer is silent. The fact that it hurts is a GOOD thing!! Now go and enjoy your holiday :)

All the best xxxxxxx

katyfitz
11-01-14, 14:59
Just really wish I could enjoy my holiday rather then fear I'm gonna die. If it was cancer would it not hurt then? Why do us sufferers always fear the worst x