PDA

View Full Version : New member

fairyclairy
15-11-06, 20:11
Hiya, my name is Claire, im 18 and have been diagnosed with severe anxiety and panic attacks since around the age of 13. It all started when i was sick on my first day of high school, it wasnt a particulary bad experiance but we have linked it back to then when my phobia of vomiting begun. I saw a councellor for a couple of years and it got to the stage where i was unable to leave my house because i was so nervous about having a panic attack or vomiting, however over the months it did start to ease and i felt i finally got my teenage years back, but something unknown has kicked it all off again, so for the last few months they have begun to get worse and i have now been diagnosed with agraphobia, aswell as the anxiety and panic attacks. I have just started going for cognitive behavioural therapy, which is helping slighty but it was early days.
I havnt visited sites like these before so its all abit new, but iv always found listening to other people who are in the same situation helpful, and knowing im not alone is good too! My family are extreemly supportive dont get me wrong, but unless you have experianced a panic attack i dont believe you fully know how petrifying it can be.
I hope my experiances can be helpful to others too.

Claire

trac67
15-11-06, 20:15
Hi,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends.

Take care

Trac xx

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwritten'

honeybee3939
15-11-06, 20:18
Hi Claire,

A BIG warm welcome to you, lovely to see you here, im sure you will get some good advice while making new friends on the way.:D

Im pleased to hear you are having CBT, i have Agorophobia also and its helped me so much, im sure it will help you too.

Love

Andrea
xxx

LickeyEndBlues
15-11-06, 21:19
Hi Claire,

Welcome to NMP. This is a great site and you are bound to find lots in here .

I've been on for 6 weeks and there is loads of help, advice and support, and more importantly special people who look out for you.

Chat can be fun as well as supportive.

Take care

Iain

Laissez les bon temp roulez

BillySpans
15-11-06, 23:09
Hi Claire and Welcome! I, like you just started on NMP today! I have to say it is very reassuring to know that there are so many others in the same situation as me.
Take comfort in the fact the you aren't alone. Like I said, I just got here today and already I feel a part of the community!
Tomorrow will be better!
Mike

Benja54
16-11-06, 04:41
Just like myself! Started today also.

I can relate to your fear of vomiting, i have the same fear although mine is more a fear of other people vomiting. I am paranoid about it. When i was required to sleep in a room with others, i always lay awake in fear that someone would be sick! haha sounds crazy but it's true. I'm getting better with age though!!!

welcome to the site :D hopefully people will read my post soon!!!

manmoor
16-11-06, 15:10
Hi Claire,

A big warm welcome to you.

Take Care

Mandyxx

nomorepanic
19-11-06, 20:44
Hi Claire

Welcome aboard and lovely to see you here.

Hope you get some great support and advice on here.

Please feel free to ask us any questions you need answering.

Nicola

People will forget what you said
People will forget what you did
But people will never forget how you made them feel

Sax
20-11-06, 07:19
Hiya fairy,

A warm welcome to NMP and it was lovely to meet you in chat last night. Its great you have made the move and come on in to join us.
Welcome and I hope you find support and friendship here and look forward to seeing you again in there.

love Sax xx[8D]

Chopper
21-11-06, 15:05
Welcome,

I hope you find these forums as beneficial as I do.

It's often easier to articulate how you feel in type than verbally in person and in here you can raise anything and find that, no matter how bizarre or unique you might think your problem is, the chances are there's someone out there watching the forum who's exactly the same, suffering like you, worrying like you .... and getting better like you.:D

Happiness and light to all,
'Chopper'

I saw her once, one little while, and then no more:
’Twas Eden’s light on Earth a while, and then no more.
Amid the throng she passed along the meadow-floor:
Spring seemed to smile on Earth awhile, and then no more;
But whence she came, which way she went, what garb she wore
I noted not; I gazed a while, and then no more!

James Clarence Mangan 1803 - 1849

keepemlaughing
06-08-08, 18:13
A welcome from me as well. You will find good friends here.
Sheryl

milly jones
06-08-08, 18:23
welcome claire to nmp

there are plenty folk who understand pas here

love milly xx:hugs:

kellie
06-08-08, 19:51
Hiya :welcome: to NMP its lovely to have you here

Lindalou64
07-08-08, 12:33
Hello Claire And Welcome To The Site ,i Wish Ya Well,linda