PDA

View Full Version : Propranolol and nyton/sleepease tabs

MrsCav
10-01-14, 18:13
Hi

I've just been prescribed propranolol 10mg 3 times a day along with fluoxetine (been on flux for over a month now). But I've had trouble sleeping on the flux so I've been taking Boots version of Nytol, Sleepease. Standard dose in the packet I bought is two tablets, I only take one tablet as two knock me out really quickly. So, after going round the houses, what I am asking is, can I take the one Sleepease or Nytol tablet whilst taking propranolol?

Thank you! :yesyes:

Annie0904
10-01-14, 18:21
Taking them both together can lower your blood pressure. It is okay to take them together but if you feel any side effects such as dizziness you should stop taking the nytol.

MrsCav
10-01-14, 18:30
Thanks Annie

I won't be taking them both together, I took a propranolol at 6pm and I might take a Sleepease around 9pm tonight.

Annie0904
10-01-14, 18:32
When I say 'together' I don't mean literally at the same time of day. I mean taking them in the same day. Just keep an eye on your bp. My meds lower my bp too.

MrsCav
10-01-14, 18:35
Oh ok, I might not take the sleepease tablet then. I do have diazepam (don't really want to take them) so if I'm still awake in the early hours I will take one of those.