PDA

View Full Version : Managed it!

mermaid
10-01-14, 23:01
Hi all

Well I managed to go back to work this week after 8 weeks off with anxiety and depression.

First day was a huge mountain to climb and the anxiety levels were high but with the support of my boss I did it!

I am now feeling great achievement. It can be done people!

Mermaid

TooMuchToLiveFor
11-01-14, 00:00
Way to go, Girl!
A great week of success into an anniversary weekend! Now that's a beautiful week that no dragon can take away from you!

t0rt01se36
11-01-14, 04:22
Well done Mermaid!!!!!!!

Onwards n upwards.

Tessar
11-01-14, 07:42
Such true words "it can be done people" ...... The first day is always so hard, getting up & ready, making it to work, getting through the day, the relief of making it through ..... And then it becomes a little easier each day. Of course there are ups & downs but you are right, Mermaid, it can be done.
I am soooo proud of you & everyone can take heart from a good outcome.

mermaid
12-01-14, 10:51
Thankyou ladies. Unfortunately I seem to have caught a nasty stomach bug so feeling quite ill today. I work in a hospital where there's an outbreak of norovirus. I was so careful too! So no work for me for a few days at least. Bugger.

Mermaid

mermaid
21-01-14, 22:57
Taken a week to shake off the virus but now back at work and starting to feel almost human!

Anxiety seems to have abated. Now on week 11 of increased citalopram with no side effects. No diazepam for over 10 days.

Hubby starts new job tomorrow and nights are getting lighter.

Feeling better about the loss of mum last year due to counselling and feel she is with me always looking after me.

Mermaid

Fishmanpa
22-01-14, 02:10
:yesyes: Way to go! A Dragon Slayer in the making!

Positive thoughts!

kahi35
22-01-14, 02:12
Whooo hoooo. Great Job. I know the feeling.:D

Mark Bowden
22-01-14, 16:03
Well done Mermaid and and a big thumbs up to your boss. Having that support in work can only be a good thing

Cú Chulainn
22-01-14, 21:57
Congratulations on getting back to work Mermaid!! :yesyes::yesyes:

MRS STRESS ED
22-01-14, 22:24
Hi all

Well I managed to go back to work this week after 8 weeks off with anxiety and depression.

First day was a huge mountain to climb and the anxiety levels were high but with the support of my boss I did it!

I am now feeling great achievement. It can be done people!

Mermaid

Well done that a huge step ,I no how hard it is to go back to work I was off five months good luck x

Tessar
23-01-14, 14:27
how's it going now mermaid? are you still on the mend? also how did it go on your hubby's 1st day in his new job?

TooMuchToLiveFor
23-01-14, 19:04
Hey, Mermaid! Thinking of you today!

mermaid
23-01-14, 20:35
Hi ladies thanks for thinking of me!

Hubs loving his new job so things are looking up!

Anxiety has done a runner for now and feeling almost my usual self.

How are you Tessar and TooMuch?

Mermaid

Tessar
23-01-14, 22:07
Hey good 2 hear u r doing well & that yr hubby's job is gong well. I have been v.busy at work. Saw my counsellor today too. Whilst it stirs it all up... There is a purpose involved & that's the important thing. I have been much more focused at work. For weeks I've had trouble getting going in the morning & was always late for work. i was berating myself for being useless but decided i needed a break of some sort as i could feel the pressure mounting. I asked if I could temporarily change my hours so I come in & leave later. they were ok with that. after a couple of weeks it's made a huge difference. So glad I asked. It wasn't easy as I got upset when I asked my manager but she was absolutely fine & I didn't feel stupid about crying either.