PDA

View Full Version : Broken seal and weird thing in supplement powder, please help

djsandra
11-01-14, 01:42
My naturopathic doctor gave me some "AOR Inositol" powder. Here is a photo http://www.aor.ca/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/AOR04182-MCP-lge.jpg. There was one of those solid plastic seals below the cap that you peel away to twist open the cap. That was fine, but when I lifted away the cap it seemed like the seal over the opening (made of some paper-foam substance), was partially opened. I'm not sure if perhaps the seal was somewhat loosely glued on and the cap caught the seal and opened it, or if it was already open underneath. Then, right inside, on top of the powder, was this small and strange brown plant-like thing that was about the size of a small grain of rice, and it looked like some kind of tiny branch or even a bug's leg. It says clearly on the package ,"DO NOT USE IF SAFETY SEAL BROKEN". Of course, I was stupid enough to smell the stuff. I'm really worried that this will be like that thing that happened a few months ago when people got fungal meningitis from steroid medications. Not to mention that my brother feels sick, like he may have gotten the flu, and now of course I have to worry about that too.