PDA

View Full Version : Sensitive to light.

xJust_Sarahx
11-01-14, 13:54
Hi,
Does anyone experience this when there say in a supermarket or something? sometimes everything feels so bright and loud and it makes me feel dizzy the lot and also everything feels to bright. I know it sounds vampire-ish but my sights only comfortable when im saying watching the tele on a night with the light off. Please can anyone tell me if they experience the same and how this can be due to anxiety? Thanks

LunaLiuna
11-01-14, 14:04
How's your sleep been lately? And are you taking meds? :) I get it the opposite way around I find watching the TV hurts my eyes! Also you may not be getting some B vitamins which affect our eyes (we use a lot of these when anxious and stressed)

fruity
11-01-14, 14:08
i can relate to this alot sarah. today aswell i,ve been experiencing this. i don,t like ike it

Rennie1989
11-01-14, 14:09
I generally don't like things too bright or too loud, especially all at once as it can become stressful.

It's not a typical symptom of anxiety, I don't often hear people complain about this, but I suppose it can be. It depends on what situations and events causes anxiety or stress for the person, so in your case anything that bombards the senses.

Andrash
11-01-14, 14:50
Sounds like a mild migraine. It's completely harmless, and it's not caused by anxiety-but anxiety, especially health anxiety, can and will aggravate the symptoms. Try to exercise a bit, eat a lot of raw carrots, and if you start experiencing headaches as well-go to the GP to prescribe you some anti-migraine drug.

RoseEve
11-01-14, 14:58
I get this all the time when I go to target. I think it's the stimulation from the bright lights and lots of people.

jill
11-01-14, 20:43
Hi Hun :D

I have had this in the past, due to my anxiety or stress.

When we are acute, one or more of the five senses may get sharper, due to the flight, fight response.

Here is an explanation of eyes....

How Anxiety Affects the Eyes

When you suffer from intense anxiety, two things happen to your eyes. First, your pupils dilate. When you fight or flight system is activated, your pupils dilate to make it easier to make quick decisions (in a fight, you need to be able to see a punch coming). This is what causes issues like light sensitivity and eye aches.
You also experience a tightening of the muscles in your face. This may constrict the blood vessels to the eyes and cause further eye pain, aches, or even some blurred vision.
Hyperventilation and Eye Problems

Hyperventilation is also a common problem for those living with anxiety, and hyperventilation may affect the eyes as well. Hyperventilation can also cause the blood vessels to constrict, and may lead to a feeling of lightheartedness and dizziness that make it seem as though your eyes are having problems, although technically it is a different symptom.

Hope this helps

LOVE JILL XXX

Rennie1989
11-01-14, 20:54
That's a good post, Jill :)

MRS STRESS ED
11-01-14, 21:35
Thanks for your post Gill I get them symptoms that explains it very well :D