PDA

View Full Version : Something I Found

worrieraz
11-01-14, 21:28
I came across this today and chuckled. Believe me I am not poking fun at anyone, I suffer from several HA myself to the point I am on medication. I hope it makes just one of you smile today :)

20 Things Only Hypochondriacs Will Understand

1. Getting a second opinion means checking WebMD AND the Mayo Clinic.
2. You’ve correctly self-diagnosed yourself at least once…and that makes the paranoia even worse.
3. You take chest pain very seriously, which is why you always think you are having a heart attack.

4. When you get a little sick, you lie awake thinking it’s something worse, and then you get sicker.

5. The Mayo Clinic Symptom Checker has completely ruined your mental health.

6. Your friends and family routinely ban you from googling your symptoms.

7. Headache…or tumor? Cyst…or tumor? Birthmark…or tumor? Cheerio that fell down your shirt…or tumor?

8. You don’t get backaches, you get kidney problems.

9. Poop issues are the worst, because they’re scary AND you can’t tell anyone about them.

10. When your doctor asks about your symptoms, they’re all direct quotes from WebMD.

11. Sometimes you wish your appendix would just burst and get it over with, already.

12. Any tiny symptom that lasts for longer than a week is no longer a tiny symptom.

13. You’re constantly worried that your doctor might be having an off day when you visit.

14. You sometimes feel completely overwhelmed by all the degenerative illnesses that run in your family.

15. Crooked smile? Nerve damage or stroke

16. You’re relieved when you receive antibiotics. BUT WHAT IF YOU’RE ALLERGIC TO THE ANTIBIOTICS?

17. You know exactly how much it costs to go to the emergency room.

18. You suspect that sometimes your doctor is giving you a prescription just to make you go away.

19. Any hangover that lasts longer than a day is obviously mono or the flu.

20. If you don’t get better after antibiotics, it’s because your infection has now mutated into a super bacteria, which will end the world.

hangingbasket
11-01-14, 21:33
sadly I can tick off most of these!!

worrieraz
11-01-14, 21:35
Me too hangingbasket that is why I reposted it. I bet the majority of us can relate!

MRS STRESS ED
11-01-14, 21:43
Lol It made me chuckle its me hehehe :D

Fishmanpa
11-01-14, 22:03
9. Poop issues are the worst, because they’re scary AND you can’t tell anyone about them.

Except here! ~lol~

Positive thoughts

TooMuchToLiveFor
12-01-14, 03:02
:roflmao:

Love this!!!!

Glitterbug73
12-01-14, 05:54
This is awesome LOL

Earthmum
12-01-14, 06:39
Ooooh yes! ..:d

Andrash
12-01-14, 10:59
1, 3 (it's not heart attack in my case, it's lymphoma or esophageal cancer), 5, 7, 10, 12, 15, 17, 19, 20 (again, not a super bacteria, but cancer mimicking infection) are me, literally :)

---------- Post added at 11:59 ---------- Previous post was at 09:18 ----------

http://fe867b.medialib.glogster.com/media/bd/bdab258e45d442cb697503bbd74bc8002a342993aad8576cc0 313b1d20759458/hypochondria-jpg.jpg

But here's the best thing: None other than DAILY FAIL describing us the dangers of HEALTH ANXIETY...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2449801/Cyberchondria-anxiety-Googling-health-symptoms-rises.html

:D

BeckyBop
12-01-14, 13:42
this made me smile hehe

ballerina
12-01-14, 13:49
I came across this today and chuckled. Believe me I am not poking fun at anyone, I suffer from several HA myself to the point I am on medication. I hope it makes just one of you smile today :)

20 Things Only Hypochondriacs Will Understand

1. Getting a second opinion means checking WebMD AND the Mayo Clinic.
2. You’ve correctly self-diagnosed yourself at least once…and that makes the paranoia even worse.
3. You take chest pain very seriously, which is why you always think you are having a heart attack.

4. When you get a little sick, you lie awake thinking it’s something worse, and then you get sicker.

5. The Mayo Clinic Symptom Checker has completely ruined your mental health.

6. Your friends and family routinely ban you from googling your symptoms.

7. Headache…or tumor? Cyst…or tumor? Birthmark…or tumor? Cheerio that fell down your shirt…or tumor?

8. You don’t get backaches, you get kidney problems.

10. When your doctor asks about your symptoms, they’re all direct quotes from WebMD.

11. Sometimes you wish your appendix would just burst and get it over with, already.

12. Any tiny symptom that lasts for longer than a week is no longer a tiny symptom.

13. You’re constantly worried that your doctor might be having an off day when you visit.

14. You sometimes feel completely overwhelmed by all the degenerative illnesses that run in your family.

15. Crooked smile? Nerve damage or stroke

16. You’re relieved when you receive antibiotics. BUT WHAT IF YOU’RE ALLERGIC TO THE ANTIBIOTICS?

17. You know exactly how much it costs to go to the emergency room.

18. You suspect that sometimes your doctor is giving you a prescription just to make you go away.

19. Any hangover that lasts longer than a day is obviously mono or the flu.

20. If you don’t get better after antibiotics, it’s because your infection has now mutated into a super bacteria, which will end the world.

16! haha, This was me when I had tonsillitis, I went to A&E the next day thinking my throat was swelling with an allergic reaction, when it was just a symptom of the tonsillitis...
Number 17 sounds bad, I'd hate to have health anxiety in america. My health anxiety hasn't cost me a single penny on the NHS, which is probably bad because it doesn't deter you from going to the doctors.