PDA

View Full Version : scared i may have taken too many tablets?

nikita
12-01-14, 10:03
I had about 7 vodkas last night with tonic and I got a terrible migraine about 1am and took 2 migraine ibuprofen. i woke at 5am with the migraine and took 2 more. then i just took 2 more at 9.30am. I read the leaflet after i took the last two and now i am absolutely freaking out in case i have overdosed because of the alcohol last night. Im so scared. Does anybody know if this is dangerous?

Timisnotmyname
12-01-14, 10:37
According to the label on my packet, "2 every four hours" so you have nothing to worry about.
I have had a lot more vodka and stronger painkillers before. No worries :)

Andrash
12-01-14, 10:47
No worries, but you really should't mix alcohol and painkillers. It can't kill you instantaneously, but it can damage your organs in the long term. Therefore, when you have a hangover, use some natural remedies that are AS EFFECTIVE as the painkillers (believe me, I had a lot of hangovers :) ), for example yogurt-a pint of yogurt always helps my hangover go away. Of course, some 12 hours after your last drink you can as well take the painkiller too. It's better to have a headache for several hours than to damage your organs, isn't it? :)

nikita
12-01-14, 10:59
Thank you both for the replies. I am worried sick here. I even wondered if I should try to make myself sick. I took the 7 vodkas from about 2pm-12midnight (at a wedding) and did have a meal during the day, but to be honest because I had taken the vodka I stupidly didn't even think of the consequences when I took the ibuprofen at 1am or when I woke at 5am again with the migraine. I still have it so the ibuprofen isnt even working. I guess tiredness/hangover and dehydration is making it tougher to move.
I am getting wee crampy pains in my tummy but I think that could be hunger pangs.
Still freaking out :-(

Andrash
12-01-14, 11:10
Thank you both for the replies. I am worried sick here. I even wondered if I should try to make myself sick. I took the 7 vodkas from about 2pm-12midnight (at a wedding) and did have a meal during the day, but to be honest because I had taken the vodka I stupidly didn't even think of the consequences when I took the ibuprofen at 1am or when I woke at 5am again with the migraine. I still have it so the ibuprofen isnt even working. I guess tiredness/hangover and dehydration is making it tougher to move.
I am getting wee crampy pains in my tummy but I think that could be hunger pangs.
Still freaking out :-(

You took 7 vodkas (with tonic) from 2PM until midnight? Hahaha, you are a certainty for delirium tremens :D I had to laugh a bit- It's nothing, really. :You may get liver damage in 30-40 years, but nothing before that :)

As for the migraine, you "being worried sick here" are making it 10 times worse, and you multiply that by thinking about painkillers instead of listening to the orders of your tummy and eating some good measure of some delicious and healthy food.

Off you go. Eat! :) Try to darken the room and get some sleep after that-don't worry even if you don't fall asleep-reduction of light, closed eyes and relaxation will ease your aches.

nikita
12-01-14, 11:13
:-) Thanks Andrash. I feel a lot better for having read that. Glad I gave you a giggle :-)

Andrash
12-01-14, 11:22
:-) Thanks Andrash. I feel a lot better for having read that. Glad I gave you a giggle :-)

Always a pleasure :)

Fishmanpa
12-01-14, 16:51
You really have nothing to worry about concerning the ibuprofen however, DRINKING and ANXIETY DO NOT MIX! Sorry you have a headache and your anxiety is kicking in but unfortunately this was self inflicted.

Positive thoughts