PDA

View Full Version : new around here

katiemc
15-11-06, 23:46
hey guys, ive been looking at this website all night and i was hoping you might help me the way you seem to help each other. Ive been suffering from panic attacks for just a few months but i only realised what they were when my doctor gave me some literature about it. i'm scared. i was hoping to find a physical reason for what happens to me that could be quickly fixed but i guess that wont happen. i just wanted to ask... do any of you have this problem but you cant seem to trace it to any particular emotional problem? i have a nice life but i get so freaked out that i find it hard to go out. i just want to know if anyone out there also struggles to place what triggers their panic attacks?
thanks xxx

LickeyEndBlues
16-11-06, 00:40
Hi katie

Welcome to NMP.

You are in a good place, there is loads of help, advice and support. I have been in here for about 6 weeks and found it really useful. There are loads of really friendly folks who will listen and point you in the right direction.

The admin in here will give you links you may need.

Chat is also a good source of relief laffs and info.

Take care

iain

Laissez les bon temp roulez

trac67
16-11-06, 09:29
Hi,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends.

Take care

Trac xx

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwritten'

Chopper
16-11-06, 11:36
Morning Katie,

I hope you're having a good day?

I find these forums invaluable as they allow you to articulate to others (others who can empathise with your thoughts and problems) just how you feel without getting tongue-tied or panicky.

I find when I'm talking to people these days I often catch myself talking at 100 miles an hour and not pausing to allow them into the conversation. My dialogue often ends up as a monologue!

I've always been loquacious but with the aggitated depression from which I suffer I'm even worse!

Hope to read more posts from you soon, we're not an unfriendly or unsympathetic lot!

Happiness and light to you,
'Chopper'

I saw her once, one little while, and then no more:
’Twas Eden’s light on Earth a while, and then no more.
Amid the throng she passed along the meadow-floor:
Spring seemed to smile on Earth awhile, and then no more;
But whence she came, which way she went, what garb she wore
I noted not; I gazed a while, and then no more!

James Clarence Mangan 1803 - 1849

honeybee3939
16-11-06, 12:36
Hi Katie,

A BIG warm welcome to you, lovely to see you here, im sure you will get some great advice here while making new friends on the way!:D

This post may help you Katie:

First Steps: First Steps to overcoming Panic and Anxiety (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=942)

Love

Andrea
xxx

libbie
16-11-06, 14:34
hiya, ive had anxiety for 4 years now, and its only this year that ive found out what triggers it off, its usually after a stressful situation. everyone is different, different people have different triggers, but i found keeping a diary on how i felt helped, as i could look back and see what the triggers were.
feel free to pm anytime if your worried
take care
libbie

manmoor
16-11-06, 15:07
Hi Katie,

A big warm welcome to you.

Take Care

Mandyxx

nomorepanic
19-11-06, 20:45
Hi katie

Welcome aboard and lovely to see you here.

Hope you get some great support and advice on here.

Please feel free to ask us any questions you need answering.

Nicola

People will forget what you said
People will forget what you did
But people will never forget how you made them feel