PDA

View Full Version : Life after citalopram

gonzo1958
12-01-14, 20:43
Hi, haven,t posted here for a while just sharing some thoughts.
I was diagnosed with depression/anxiety 18 months ago, bad dizziness/de realisation and prescribed 10mg citalopram which is only a small dose, it was awful at first but once i got used to it i was practically better than normal, after 7 months or so i thought i would automatically come off this medication but the doctor was advising another 6 months which i didn,t fancy so i asked the doctor if i could try coming off and he agreed but said any problems to see him again.
So the sun was shining i had projects and worked hard and played hard and had a wonderful summer i had a couple of blips but had to bear in mind that my anxiety hadn,t been treated but masked with the medication, and it did get me over a very bad patch. I was laughing at how i had been previously and saying i knew what it was if i had a bad day been here before etc
In the meantime i decided to have the crackling in my neck investigated which i had suffered for some years and visited a decent osteopath. My neck and upper vertebrae were siezed so treatment was administered and the osteopath said this could contribute to the dizziness triggering the health anxiety and after each treatment i began to feel better and am continuing the treatment.
So all was going well apart from odd bad days and thinking i had a bad heart, prostate cancer , bowel cancer and brain haemorrhage, i decided to give St. Johns Wort a try which seemed to work but as the dark days and winter set in things became worse and had some quite bad days though always busy and haven,t missed work, i know what it is but can,t pull myself out of it, if i,m occupied i don,t notice it.
So ok i,ve bored you senseless but my observations are something seems to trigger health anxiety like a cut , injury, bad pain or shock and as i go through this every time i have the symptoms they always feel a bit different which throws me lol
I wanted to ask members if they had any experience of St. Johns Wort and what is the best therapy for this condition as i,m pretty determined not to go back on citalopram