PDA

View Full Version : sertraline and dilated pupils

fay2013
12-01-14, 23:06
Hi all, been on sertraline, 50mg for 6 months, now on 150mg for the past year almost. Well now I'm getting massive pupils!! Mainly in the morning for about an hour, when really they should be small then :s does anybody else have this problem? Had it for about a week, so no it isn't to do with dose change or anything. Thanks

LunaLiuna
12-01-14, 23:07
I got this when I first started :) I'm only on 50mg though.

fay2013
12-01-14, 23:11
I have never had it before, just this past week. I can't not notice, really huge :/ odd and scary.

JITTERBUG1
12-01-14, 23:35
I hade this when I first started. My doctor said that it was not caused by the meds, but just my anxiety. Adrenalin causes our eyes to dilate.

MRS STRESS ED
13-01-14, 16:58
Fay maybe you had this all along but never noticed it till now ,im on sert aswell my eyes are dilated on and off but I dont worry try not too xx

ThoughtsDisclosed
13-01-14, 19:07
I had this too at both 50 & 150mg. My doctor said it was nothing to worry about. :)

Gem_182
13-01-14, 22:58
Hi guys, sorry to jump on this topic, but how are finding this tab? I've been prescribed it today and am really worried to take it. Have you had any side effects?
Have you took any different tablets before and had side effects with those?
I really am frightened of taking them.... x

LunaLiuna
13-01-14, 23:01
Don't be sorry :)

I've been on them 2 weeks tomorrow, I started on 25mg for the first week then moved to 50, I've felt fine, maybe a little dizzy and nauseous sometimes, but apart from that I wouldn't worry about them :)

Gem_182
13-01-14, 23:16
Thanks :) and aww brill good to hear and glad you've been ok! Have you been on anything before? :)

LunaLiuna
13-01-14, 23:32
Nope. never before, I was against them in the past, but I got so bad it was my only choice :)

---------- Post added at 23:32 ---------- Previous post was at 23:24 ----------

Oh also, take them in the morning if you can, they shouldn't keep you up then :)

Gem_182
13-01-14, 23:47
Aww well I'm sorry to hear it got so bad, but glad that it is getting better now :)
Thanks, yeah I was thinking that. I've been sitting staring at it now beating myself up about it, but I think I will start taking it tomorrow morning. (hopefully!) Thanks

LunaLiuna
14-01-14, 00:07
Good luck, I'm sure they'll work for you :)

Gem_182
14-01-14, 03:15
Thanks :) I hope so, and I hope they continue to work for you :)

Gem_182
14-01-14, 16:45
Terrified AGAIN to take it. My only fear left now after working through the other fears is that I will swallow it and then instantly panic and need it back out. Do you know what I mean and did you feel like that?

MrAndy
14-01-14, 16:58
Terrified AGAIN to take it. My only fear left now after working through the other fears is that I will swallow it and then instantly panic and need it back out. Do you know what I mean and did you feel like that?
Gem they cant hurt you ,the side effects are nowhere near as bad as people make out.Most people when talking about side effects are actually only feeling normal anxiety.Take the tablets and concentrate on the improvements you will get each day.
Good luck

fay2013
15-01-14, 20:52
Thanks all for the replies. Spoke to nhs direct today, they said speak to doc, so ringing tomo, but realise now its not a brain tumour as I first (maybe stupidly) thought.
As for the side effects, they have been fine for me, the hardest bit was upping them, that made me feel a bit crappy, but defo bearable and absolutely fine, worth it for the end result :)

Gem_182
16-01-14, 17:46
Thanks Mr Andy, I'm getting there about taking them, I've been very close today. Still not took them yet as I'm still scared of a no way out sort of situation, but thanks for the advice, it means a lot.

Hope you are ok Fay and glad it's not a brain tumor :)