PDA

View Full Version : Spiritual/healing Website!

Sax
16-11-06, 08:19
Hello folks,

My name is Sax and i've been a member here for about a year and half. I was diagnosed with stress induced depression May 2005 and was experiencing increased anxiety and panic attacks. I was fortunate to be put quickly onto Citalopram anti D and although the depression has been very up and down over this time the anxiety/PAs reduced tenfold.

However, as we all know we can't just rely on medications to change our attitudes. It takes an awful lot more and having been put on the year long counselling list this was totally useless for me.

So I went searching for another outlet and found some Spiritual websites which offered online meditations, distance healing and other distractions to the hole I was in. I know not everyones cup of tea but I was a total non believer before this time but my attitude has changed.

I just wish to offer you the opportunity to visit a small spiritual community which we have meditations/visualisations - great for relaxation and breathing techniques, also spiritual and general knowlege quizzes, psychic games and free online tarot/oracle readings. Also, some of our members and admin staff are rekki masters who offer online distance healing also.

Come and see if its for you, sometimes just for a distraction and being part of a community such as this realises how we are never alone with just our thoughts, theres more out there.

Site is called Realms of Spirit - http://www.realms-of-spirit.co.uk/forums/index.php?http://www.realms-of-spirit.co.uk/

and my site name is Scarlet so pop in and say hello.

much love Sax xx

Oh btw the site also has an online radio station for background sounds in the day [8D]

Chopper
16-11-06, 11:25
Hi all,

Thought some of you out there might find this Foundation of interest.

http://www.findhorn.org/home_new.php

Happiness and light to you all,
'Chopper'

I saw her once, one little while, and then no more:
’Twas Eden’s light on Earth a while, and then no more.
Amid the throng she passed along the meadow-floor:
Spring seemed to smile on Earth awhile, and then no more;
But whence she came, which way she went, what garb she wore
I noted not; I gazed a while, and then no more!

James Clarence Mangan 1803 - 1849

Chopper
16-11-06, 12:08
Extract from their website:

The Findhorn Foundation
The Findhorn Foundation is the educational and organisational cornerstone of the Findhorn Community, and its work is based on the values of planetary service, co-creation with nature and attunement to the divinity within all beings. We believe that humanity is engaged in an evolutionary expansion of consciousness, and seek to develop new ways of living infused with spiritual values. We have no formal creed or doctrine. We recognise and honour all the world's major religions as the many paths to knowing our own inner divinity.

Beginnings
The Findhorn Community was begun in 1962 by Peter and Eileen Caddy and Dorothy Maclean. All three had followed disciplined spiritual paths for many years and had been specifically trained to follow God's will. They first came to northeast Scotland in 1957 to manage the run-down Cluny Hill Hotel in the town of Forres. This they did remarkably successfully. Eileen received guidance in her meditations from an inner divine source she called ‘the still small voice within’. Peter ran the hotel according to this guidance, following to the letter the instructions of the "voice" in complete faith. In this unorthodox way - and with many delightful and unlikely God-guided incidents - Cluny Hill swiftly became a thriving and successful four-star hotel. After several years however, Peter and Eileen's employment was terminated, and with nowhere to go and little money, they moved with their three young sons and Dorothy to a caravan in the nearby seaside village of Findhorn.

The Findhorn Garden
Feeding six people on unemployment benefit was difficult, so Peter decided to start growing vegetables. The land in the caravan park was sandy and dry but he persevered. Dorothy discovered she was able to intuitively contact the overlighting spirits of plants - devas - who gave her instructions on how to make the most of their fledgling garden. Again Peter translated this guidance into action, and with amazing results. From the barren sandy soil of the Findhorn Bay Caravan Park grew huge plants, herbs and flowers of dozens of kinds, most famously the now-legendary 40-pound cabbages. Word spread, horticultural experts came and were stunned, and the garden at Findhorn became famous.

Other people came to join the Caddys and Dorothy in their work and soon the original group of six grew into a small community, committed to God's will and to expanding the garden in harmony with nature. A slim volume of Eileen's guidance entitled God Spoke To Me was published in 1967 by the community's newly formed Findhorn Press and word of this strange but wonderful community spread yet further. Significant friends and supporters of the community in these early days included English new age pioneer Sir George Trevelyan, scottish esotericist R Ogilvie Crombie and Richard St Barbe Baker, ‘the man of the trees’. New community members lived in caravans beside Peter and Eileen's and in specially built cedarwood bungalows which still house guests and workshop participants today. In the late 60s the Park Sanctuary, the largest of our many meditation sanctuaries, and the Community Centre, where the community still eats and meets, were built by Peter and community members in accordance with Eileen's guidance.

Education
In 1970 a young American spiritual teacher named David Spangler arrived in the community and with his partner Myrtle Glines helped to define and organise the spiritual education processes that have been a central pillar of the Findhorn Community ever since. A curriculum was established and the work of the ‘University of Light’ began. David and Myrtle lived in the community for three years, during which Findhorn Press published many of David's visionary writings. Today we run almost 200 week-long courses every year as well as conferences, trainings, worldwide pilgrimages, and our busy Outreach programme of educational workshops taken around the world by our workshop leaders.

The Foundation
In 1972 the community was formally regi

nomorepanic
16-11-06, 23:08
Chopper

Is this info copyrighted?? If so then I can't have it posted here without their consent.

Sorry but I don't want to get in trouble

Nicola

People will forget what you said
People will forget what you did
But people will never forget how you made them feel

Chopper
17-11-06, 08:27
Nicola,

Good point!

I couldn't find any copyright reference on the website so presumably they're happy for people to promote their Foundation?

I'll leave it to you whether to leave or delete.

Happiness and light to you,
'Chopper'

I saw her once, one little while, and then no more:
’Twas Eden’s light on Earth a while, and then no more.
Amid the throng she passed along the meadow-floor:
Spring seemed to smile on Earth awhile, and then no more;
But whence she came, which way she went, what garb she wore
I noted not; I gazed a while, and then no more!

James Clarence Mangan 1803 - 1849

Sax
20-11-06, 07:33
How lovely a couple of you came along to check out the site, please know we welcome all members so don't be afraid of being a sceptic, each to their own and everyone's beliefs are valid and respected.

Much love Sax xxxx

Sax
04-01-07, 20:04
bump for new year, anyone fancy checking out a new outlook or maybe an old outlook but don't know where to go!