PDA

View Full Version : I never google my symptoms but I just consulted the google vet!!!

Annie0904
13-01-14, 12:16
My little Siamese cat had his vaccinations (booster) a week ago. Yesterday I noticed a big lump where he had the vaccination. I stupidly googled to REASSURE me and it has sent me in a panic! It says that sometimes a fibrosarcoma develops on the injection site. Now rationally I know that is probably worst case scenarios and most lumps go in a couple of weeks.
I have contacted my vets who are all busy operating this morning so will ring me back this afternoon. Until then I just need to remain calm! Anyone else had a cat who developed a lump after vaccination?

---------- Post added at 12:16 ---------- Previous post was at 11:48 ----------

Phew!! My vet just called me. He said I knew straight away what google would come up with. Apparently it has never ever happened in this country. It has happened in USA quite a lot as they used to use a different antigen or something there.
He told me it is quite normal to get some swelling there and it should go in a couple of weeks.
I need my hands slapping for using google now!

jackie13
13-01-14, 12:20
Hi Annie

Don't panic! One of my cats over the years got a small lump and it soon went. I am sure your little one is fine. You says it's a booster so your cat has never had this before. It's probably a little infection or maybe still bruised.

Speak to your vet this afternoon for reassurance. Maybe just take her in for a check up to put your mind at rest. Google is the pits for symptoms, but I have done it loads of times.

Please let me know how you get on:). My 3 dogs have gone in for the haircuts today, hate leaving them, I hear them crying when I leave the salon, they are so spoilt.

Hugs
Jackie xx

Rennie1989
13-01-14, 12:21
*Slaps Annie's hands*

It's probably where the antibodies and blood cells responsible for healing have rushed to the sight of the injection. Same reason why our cuts have small swellings.

That's the problem with Googling these things. It will come up with every possible scenario for a situation, the worst case being more prominent. You can google the symptoms of the cold, which you know if harmless, and it will come up with all sorts of horrendous and rare things! We have to learn to trust our instincts and judgements, your cat's swelling was normal but Google said it was a rare disease, which is more probable and likely?

Glad to hear that your cat is fine :) just stay away from Google now!

Annie0904
13-01-14, 12:32
Thank you Jackie and Rennie, I am so pleased the vet rang me back so quick. I think the receptionist realised my panic!
Jackie my cats are spoilt too :)

missacorah
13-01-14, 13:04
Glad you can relax now Annie and the little fella is recovering well x

Annie0904
13-01-14, 13:25
Thank you missacorah :) xx

jackie13
13-01-14, 15:14
Well, I have just collected my brood from the Groomers! Charlie my little boy doggy has got the right hump. He looks like a puff ball and smells of perfume! Lucas the Cat is secretly laughing:)

Xx

Annie0904
13-01-14, 15:15
:) That made me smile Jackie. What breed of dogs do you have?

missacorah
13-01-14, 15:27
Well, I have just collected my brood from the Groomers! Charlie my little boy doggy has got the right hump. He looks like a puff ball and smells of perfume! Lucas the Cat is secretly laughing:)

Xx

Haha yes my cat gives my dog such a disapproving stare when he comes in from the grooming wagon. Almost a ''What have you become?'' look :D

Annie0904
13-01-14, 15:52
These are my gorgeous boys 2039

jackie13
13-01-14, 16:12
WOW they are beautiful Annie and your house looks really nice.

2 of my dogs are "Mini Doodles" and my little one is a rescue puppy 7 months old she is a Weeshon (Westie & Beeshon Frise or "beef on cheese" cross). I also have 3 rescue cats. We have no children so these are all my kids! Lucas and Pixie are brother and sister black moggies and "Bad Mouth" as we call him aka "Nigel no teeth" adopted us about 2 years ago. He is a tabby male cat, reckon his owners moved away and left him, he only has 2 teeth hence the names!!

Jackie xx

Annie0904
13-01-14, 16:15
Aww your pets sound lovely. My daughter says that now that she and my sons have left home I am replacing them with cats :) xx

Pipkin
13-01-14, 18:31
Annie,

What breed are your cats? I'm guessing the one furthest away is a Siamese but I'm not sure about the other. A Rex?

Pip

loreen
13-01-14, 18:41
Annie, your cats are gorgeous!!

We have one cat- just a tabby, but very spoilt and very much part of our family.Have you noticed how in tune cats are to your mood ? My cat is always there when I need her. She sits on my knee purring, and she often calms me down. xx

Annie0904
13-01-14, 19:05
Annie,

What breed are your cats? I'm guessing the one furthest away is a Siamese but I'm not sure about the other. A Rex?

Pip

Yes the little one is a Siamese seal point and the one in the front is a Silver Bengal/Siamese cross, He has more of the Bengal in him than Siamese :)

---------- Post added at 19:05 ---------- Previous post was at 18:59 ----------

Annie, your cats are gorgeous!!

We have one cat- just a tabby, but very spoilt and very much part of our family.Have you noticed how in tune cats are to your mood ? My cat is always there when I need her. She sits on my knee purring, and she often calms me down. xx

People say that dogs are more faithful than cats but my cats certainly are in tune and know just when I am not well. They never leave my side, every time I leave the room they get up and follow me. They watch for me at the window when I go out.
When I fractured my foot a couple of years ago, a neighbour who had not been in the house before, just walked in to see me but he never made it to the living room...The Bengal got very protective and 'growled' at him when he took no notice and turned his back on him he attacked him and scratched his leg. (you never turn your back on an angry cat!). I felt terrible but luckily my neighbour was very impressed that my cat was so protective of me :)

missacorah
13-01-14, 19:18
Ooh Annie, they are just lovely! Me and my daughter sat here oohing and aahing over them. What are their names? x

Annie0904
13-01-14, 19:26
The Siamese is Ryuu and the Bengal is Chai. Ryuu is so loving, he just wants to be picked up and cuddled all the time. Chai runs to me and gives me a kiss on my nose :)

Annie0904
13-01-14, 19:28

missacorah
13-01-14, 20:08
Beautiful - they both have lovely, expressive faces.

Annie0904
13-01-14, 20:11
Beautiful - they both have lovely, expressive faces.

Thank you xx

Tessar
13-01-14, 20:23
Annie same happened to ours not long ago and I didn't tell u as I thought you'd be more worried than I was and I was worried enough! It will go away soon it did on ours. Your cats r beautiful.

Annie0904
13-01-14, 20:26
Thank you Tessar. With me not being well at the moment anyway I just panicked. can't believe I googled when I tell everyone else not too :doh: The vet was so lovely when he called :)