PDA

View Full Version : Blood clot

ballerina
13-01-14, 16:22
I know I post on this forum too much with like 1000 different health worries but I'm really scared at the moment.
A vein on the back of my right knee looks dark and my knee hurts and feels tender. I'm getting really anxious that I might have a blood clot. My knee seems a little swollen to me but I mentioned this to the doctor on its own a few weeks ago and she said she couldn't see any swelling.
But yeah I'm finding it really hard to distract myself, I'm 19 and of a healthy weight but I've been lying in bed a lot recently due to infections and depression and I'm scared this might be a factor. I had a blood test two weeks ago and it came back clear but it wasn't that special blood clot one so I don't think it counts. I'm going to the doctors for something else in a weeks time and I'm telling myself to wait to ask her about it then but I'm scared it'll be left too late and I'll die before then. :(

LunaLiuna
13-01-14, 16:34
Try doing some exercise for a 10 minutes, then see how it feels. I doubt it's a clot :)

ballerina
13-01-14, 18:57
Really scared now :( my calf hurts and feels really weird. Although it wasn't like this yesterday only since I've noticed this odd looking vein, which may point towards anxiety cause I'm focusing on it so much, but I can't convince myself. :(

ballerina
14-01-14, 00:54
Really panicking still, I can't cope. :(

nomorepanic
14-01-14, 00:57
It will be worse cos you are thinking about it

If it is no better tomorrow go and see the doc

missworry
14-01-14, 23:04
Hi, hope u feeling better if u read my thread I put on a few days ago this is my worry at the moment so I know exactly what you r going thru I'm convinced ive got a clot in my leg have cancelled
a doc appt today as worried they will think I'm a hypochondriac but just cant stop focusing on my leg, have u been to the doctors as I feel this may b the only way of putting your mind at rest big hugs xx

Andrash
14-01-14, 23:26
Ballerina:

In the last month and a half you were convinced you had following diseases:

-Cancer
-Heart attack
-Meningitis
-Constipation
-Multiple Sclerosis
-Nervous breakdown from watching Coronation Street
-Sinusitis
-Blood clot

Oh yes, and your mum has cancer too.

Believe me, if you had combination of all this diseases, you'd be dead as a dodo. Instead of all these diseases, you got one-anxiety. My advice is-start treating it. Try CBT, counselling, cut out drinking and don't smoke. And above all-try to communicate with people more (not about cancers, of course :) ), try not to have many spare time when you can sit and dwell about cancers and blood clots and god knows what else. We all know how you feel-we were all through it or getting through it right now. Nevertheless, that doesn't mean you can't do anything about it-you can and you should, because unless you stop it it will take over your life completely. And we wouldn't want that, would we? :)

ballerina
15-01-14, 01:46
Hi, hope u feeling better if u read my thread I put on a few days ago this is my worry at the moment so I know exactly what you r going thru I'm convinced ive got a clot in my leg have cancelled
a doc appt today as worried they will think I'm a hypochondriac but just cant stop focusing on my leg, have u been to the doctors as I feel this may b the only way of putting your mind at rest big hugs xx

I'm going to the doctor's on monday for something unrelated but I'm trying to force myself to wait till then to ask about my leg. Just worried I'll drop dead before then but trying to be rational! :P

I was talking to my cbt therapist today about it and I could come out with loads of reasons why I wouldn't have one. I'm of a healthy weight, I'm young, not bedridden, don't have a blood problem, haven't had major surgery, not pregnant, haven't been on a long flight etc. My leg isn't hugely swollen, or hot. But my leg hurts, looks slightly swollen (to me anyway) and my vein looks different. But still I'm convinced I'm one of those people that have minor symptoms but there's something really wrong. I also made a pact today not to google symptoms for an entire week, let's see how that goes!

---------- Post added at 01:46 ---------- Previous post was at 01:40 ----------

Ballerina:

In the last month and a half you were convinced you had following diseases:

-Cancer
-Heart attack
-Meningitis
-Constipation
-Multiple Sclerosis
-Nervous breakdown from watching Coronation Street
-Sinusitis
-Blood clot

Oh yes, and your mum has cancer too.

Believe me, if you had combination of all this diseases, you'd be dead as a dodo. Instead of all these diseases, you got one-anxiety. My advice is-start treating it. Try CBT, counselling, cut out drinking and don't smoke. And above all-try to communicate with people more (not about cancers, of course :) ), try not to have many spare time when you can sit and dwell about cancers and blood clots and god knows what else. We all know how you feel-we were all through it or getting through it right now. Nevertheless, that doesn't mean you can't do anything about it-you can and you should, because unless you stop it it will take over your life completely. And we wouldn't want that, would we? :)

I've started CBT on my second week now but today's session was much more useful than last week. And I'm starting prozac tomorrow, I wasn't sure about it but I've read up and several of my family members have been on it and said it helped loads (my mum and dad have been too but they didn't like it) suppose I've got nothing to lose trying it. Hopefully it will all help. :) My mum even mentioned me being more cheery tonight than yesterday, simply because of one really good CBT session that has got me thinking more positively. I'm trying to distract myself. Work is good because it's so busy being a barmaid sometimes you don't have as much time to dwell on your anxieties. But being a uni student can really make you more anxious/depressed, there's no real routine compared to full time school/work so you're alone with your thoughts a lot and it can get overwhelming. :/

Andrash
15-01-14, 07:19
I'm going to the doctor's on monday for something unrelated but I'm trying to force myself to wait till then to ask about my leg. Just worried I'll drop dead before then but trying to be rational! :P

I was talking to my cbt therapist today about it and I could come out with loads of reasons why I wouldn't have one. I'm of a healthy weight, I'm young, not bedridden, don't have a blood problem, haven't had major surgery, not pregnant, haven't been on a long flight etc. My leg isn't hugely swollen, or hot. But my leg hurts, looks slightly swollen (to me anyway) and my vein looks different. But still I'm convinced I'm one of those people that have minor symptoms but there's something really wrong. I also made a pact today not to google symptoms for an entire week, let's see how that goes!

---------- Post added at 01:46 ---------- Previous post was at 01:40 ----------

I've started CBT on my second week now but today's session was much more useful than last week. And I'm starting prozac tomorrow, I wasn't sure about it but I've read up and several of my family members have been on it and said it helped loads (my mum and dad have been too but they didn't like it) suppose I've got nothing to lose trying it. Hopefully it will all help. :) My mum even mentioned me being more cheery tonight than yesterday, simply because of one really good CBT session that has got me thinking more positively. I'm trying to distract myself. Work is good because it's so busy being a barmaid sometimes you don't have as much time to dwell on your anxieties. But being a uni student can really make you more anxious/depressed, there's no real routine compared to full time school/work so you're alone with your thoughts a lot and it can get overwhelming. :/

Well, you are definitely on the right track and your anxiety will soon get better, believe me :) As for the routine-you can make your own :) HA is a nasty piece of work, especially when Internet-fueled. You read a book where someone dies from cancer, you get interested and google to see what that cancer is and in two hours you "have" it too :) But you're on the right path to conquer it and you will :) Just try to keep yourself busy and your mind working all the time-invent your own schedules and routines...

ballerina
16-01-14, 21:17
Just thought I'd say, I realised today that my dancing probably contributes to my HA, we're trained to be hyper aware of every muscle in our bodies, my left ribcage feels like it's sticking out more than normal, so now I'm worried I've got a tumour under it or something :') I probably wouldn't notice this if I didn't do ballet. Not that I'm going to stop, dancing is a great anxiety reliever. But it goes both ways! :/

ballerina
21-01-14, 00:06
The anxiety about the blood clot is coming back :/ trying to convince myself that there's no reason for me to have one but I can't, ughhhh
Scared to sleep because my friend's dad died from one in his sleep, but he was about 65 and overweight and could have had health problems I didn't know about, so more at risk, but the thought scares me still :(