PDA

View Full Version : So worried I have a brain tumour. Help please

kayleighb22
13-01-14, 18:42
In 2011 I started with headaches and tingling on the left side of my body, I had a Ct scan which came back normal and the symptoms went away for about a year. But now constantly for the past year I have had headache every single day at the right side of my forehead/ near my hairline, it is worst when I wake up and also when I bend over etc. I also have the tingling and numbness constantly on my left side which is back, my left foot always tingles. This past week to top it off I have been very dizzy and feeling sick, I've lost a stone in weight. The doc said she doesn't think I need another scan and gave me amitriptyline which has not helped. The left side of my body does also seen weaker than my right. I am so so scared this is a brain tumour. I'm 25.
What could this be?

---------- Post added at 18:42 ---------- Previous post was at 18:39 ----------

I'm worried that seen as the headache is on the right and tingling is on the left that I might have a brain tumour on the right side of my head causing the tingling on my left?

LunaLiuna
13-01-14, 18:42
You posted this yesterday, have you looked into jaw clenching?

Your probably worrying about it as well, which will be causing you too feel sick and dizzy. same also with the weight loss. my weight goes up and down drastically depending on how anxious I am.

kayleighb22
13-01-14, 18:55
Yes I asked the dentist I work with it could be caused by grinding and she said probably not especially as the headache is the right side and the tingling is the left as each side of the brain controls the opposite side or the body and I need to demand another scan, which scared the life out of me, I has a docs app booked today but she wouldn't bloody let me leave work so I had to cancel it :( x x x

---------- Post added at 18:55 ---------- Previous post was at 18:53 ----------

Yeah I'm definitely worrying about it, maybe even more than I realise? I can't eat hardly anything without feeling sick :( do you reckon that's probably down to the stress? X x x

LunaLiuna
13-01-14, 19:00
I see, is the tingling always there? check the symptoms page. it explains tingling pretty well. it's funny I only get it in my feet when I think about it. My headaches are usually around my temples which is a classic for jaw clenching. did your dentist check your jaw and teeth? it could be a TMJ problem as well .

And yes the eating part can be that, I know before I knew I was clenching my jaw I was so worried and scared I wouldn't eat. I'd just sit in a chair all day imagining my family without me. it was horrible.

kayleighb22
13-01-14, 19:14
I will have a look at the symptoms page, thanks :) for some reason the tingling in my hand and the left side of my face tends to come and go, I don't have it every day, but the tingling to my left foot is there pretty much 24/7, it's like on the sole of my foot. Sometimes I'll wake up and it's not there so I'll think oh good it's gone then it will slowly come back through the morning. But the headache is always there and worse when I wake up. It can vary from being sort of above my left eyebrow to just slightly to the left of my temple, which is where it usually is.
No she didn't even look at my teeth, she just kept saying I need to ask for a scan, but then wouldn't let me bloody leave to go to the GP lol! Just before headache started the 2nd time last Feb though I had chipped a lower front tooth on the left and was constantly like grinding on it even while I was awake as it was annoying me.
Oh I know the feeling of just sitting all day imagining your family etc without you, I did that all day on Saturday! My poor boyfriend has gone from having a happy gf to someone who is obsessed that she has a brain tumour and is going to die :( how he's stuck around I don't know lol
X x x

LunaLiuna
13-01-14, 19:27
See well done, you noticed it's not always there :)

And I have the same morning thing, if it's not there when I wake up it comes on after I've ate which I don't think is a coincidence. check if you have any cuts, or if your gums are inflamed(white visible teeth through your gums)

here: http:// http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/teeth-grinding/Pages/Symptoms.aspx

mandie
13-01-14, 19:33
Hi Kayleigh.

For the past 5 days iv had a headache on the right side of head and over eye and tingling on the right side of my face and head.

When I take painkillers it has gone but then comes back again during the day

Are you taking anything for it

mandie x

kayleighb22
13-01-14, 19:59
I have some bite marks in the back of my mouth luna that's all I can find :( I looked at the symptoms page the lack of appetite thing does make sense!
I've tried all kinds of painkillers mandie over the past year and nothing helps :( I take 3 amitriptyline at night and I've been prescribed naproxen which is a strong painkiller but it doesn't help :(
X x x

LunaLiuna
13-01-14, 20:04
Those bite marks are more than enough, you're dentist should have checked. You've probably eroded some teeth aswell

kayleighb22
13-01-14, 20:45
I'm really hoping it just something simple and my mind is creating the rest of the symptoms, it just doesn't feel like it though
X x x

LunaLiuna
13-01-14, 21:00
I feel the same to be honest, I've just thought right, I know for definate I clench my jaw. so I looked for what it causes, and I feel a lot of the symptoms. my ear's ache sometimes, my jaw aches, cut cheeks, inflamed gums, facial and temple aches and even a frilly tongue (dentist found this)

I then thought well I know I have Anxiety too, oh and probably even stress and depression now from worrying, what does that cause? I'm sure you know the answer to that :)

Get your dentist to check you out tomorrow if you can :)

LunaLiuna
14-01-14, 18:18
How are you today Kayleigh?

kayleighb22
16-01-14, 23:21
Sorry luna I wasn't ignoring you I hadn't seen your posts. My anxiety has been so bad these past few days :( xx

LunaLiuna
16-01-14, 23:25
Don't worry about it, mine hasn't been the best either :l

kayleighb22
16-01-14, 23:27
What's wrong? X

LunaLiuna
16-01-14, 23:31
Just the usual, thinking I've got something wrong even though I'm actually feeling better in some ways :l

Dissension
17-01-14, 01:03
As reassurance for the original poster and anyone else concerned over headaches, this is rarely the presenting symptom of a brain tumor; new seizure activity is usually considered more of a "red flag."

Your physician went to medical school for a reason and they would not ignore a potential problem. I hope you will also take some comfort from the knowledge that your youth alone makes a tumor unlikely.

Headaches are a well-documented symptom of panic disorder, as are tingling and other sensations. I've experienced all of it and rarely worry anymore.

Catherine S
17-01-14, 01:45
Reading your posts it sounds more like an irritated nerve rather than anything sinister. The pain in the area of your hairline, even when you bend over, and the tingling in your left foot seem to be all signs of irritated nerves, especially as you say the symptoms have come and gone over the last few years. If you had a brain tumour the pain in your head would be devastatingly bad by now and would involve a whole lot more than tingling in your left foot. The nausea and weight loss is probably because of your anxiety about all of this, as tension within the body can burn fat like nothing else...not a recomended way to diet though!

kayleighb22
17-01-14, 16:35
I have a very stiff neck as well today :( I've just been reading online who's only symptom was tingling, and that people who have had brain tumours that didn't show up on ct scans and I jus think that must be me. I can't settle , I'm so worried x x