PDA

View Full Version : Advice and a bit of encouragement please!

mermaid
13-01-14, 19:12
Hi all

I started with a stomach bug over weekend and now hubby has it. I still feel very sick and weak and even more so having to help him too.

My anxiety symptoms start with nausea so not sure if it's the illness or a bit of both.

Can't get out to get anti nausea meds so wondering if a small dose diazepam would help me?

We are in rather a state between us.

Mermaid

TooMuchToLiveFor
13-01-14, 19:28
Hey Mermaid! I am so sorry you are having a rotten time of it! It will pass quickly though, and you will be back on top of things!
I do find that a small dose of Xanax relieves my bad anxiety-driven nausea. Since it is a legitimate medication your doctor has given you I don't think it would hurt to take it.

Let it ease your mind (as yucky as the situation is) that your husband also now has the tummy bug. It shows you that this isn't the dragon rearing its ugly head as much as it is just a plain and simple flu that will run its course and leave without you having to fight it. It just feels awful in the meantime.

I cannot remember (sorry!) if you are on any meds....I am thinking maybe Citalopram? If so, you might be feeling worse if you are losing the meds too quickly from the flu issues (vomiting, etc.).

I am so sorry this is how your anniversary weekend ended, but the stomach bug is a normal thing. Don't let the dragon bluff you into thinking it is anything else.

Keep posting as we are here for you!

Tanner40
13-01-14, 22:32
Mermaid, this is the perfect opportunity to ignore the nausea. It really doesn't matter what is causing it, right? Your husband has it too. That tells me it's a stomach bug. I'm sorry that you're sick on your big weekend, but use this time to know that there are illnesses out there that have to run their course, like the stomach bug. There are other illnesses out there, like anxiety, that we have to ignore and take charge of our lives in order to get rid of them. Get better soon.

mermaid
14-01-14, 11:48
Thanks for your replies.

Tanner you are quite right but I hate the symptoms of stomach bugs and hate even more having to deal with my husband on day 2 of my own illness! It's a vicious one probably picked up from the hospital I work at where there is an epidemic. Unfortunately there were no tools suitable in my toolbox to help other than low dose diazepam especially as I am still recovering from a major episode of anxiety/ depression. Felt so good last week too!

Am sure once we start feeling better I can allow the anxiety to settle.

Mermaid

Tanner40
14-01-14, 12:03
Hope that you are starting to feel somewhat better, Mermaid. Being sick is truly no fun. It's especially not fun when you have someone else that is sick that needs taking care of.

Tessar
18-01-14, 19:40
How r u feeling mermaid?

mermaid
19-01-14, 11:52
Getting there slowly! Still have nausea most of the day but am managing to eat a bit more now. Setting my sights on back to work tomorrow - round 2! - even though feeling fragile. Am sure I can do it. Can also ask the docs at work what I can do about the nausea.

Thanks guys

Mermaid

Magic
19-01-14, 14:07
Mermaid, My daughter, son in law and granddaughter had this sickness bug just before Christmas. passed from one to another. Cleared within a couple of days.
Hope you go on ok tomorrow xx