PDA

View Full Version : Me again, panicking and in tears :-((

Jojomarymoo
13-01-14, 19:27
I'm in a right state tonight. Been to docs yet again about my diarrhea and constipation, I'm just so bloated and lumpy in the bowel area. Doc did another exam (rectal) and said cannot see what's wrong, doesn't think blocked bowel like they said other day, so referring me to to a surgeon to do colonoscopy and ct scan. Well that was it I burst into tears and said I was worried it was stomach or bowel cancer. It doesn't matter that he said, that stomach cancer is usually over 55 and I've no history of bowel cancer in my family. Doc mentioned colonitis or diverticulitis. Blood tests are fine and no blood in stool. However he cannot tell what it is, but concerned that I've had diarrhea for so long. He said he'd do it within 2 weeks, then got a a call back from him tonight saying to fast track it, the referral will say suspected cancer and just wanted to make me aware if the surgeon mentions it.
So tonight I have to speak to my boyfriend about what's going to happen as I live with him and my son. I need to talk to him about how it's going to work when I've gone.
To allay my fears I have stupidly googled colitis then bowels and it came up with a new article about a guy who's passed away 3 days ago from bowel cancer as it was too late. He had suspected kidney infection, like me and thought stomach bug.
Then out of the blue just now, the mum of my friend who passed away from breast cancer 15 months ago called to talk etc, and she had a daughter same age as my son. Just talking about her has made me think this is too much of a coincidence.

I'm having a nightmare :-(((

TooMuchToLiveFor
13-01-14, 19:34
Aw, Girl, I am sorry you are in such a state.

I would like you to really think about the fact that you are in the early days of Sertraline though.....it is well known that diarrhea is a big (usually transient- meaning will go away) start up effect. I am now in week 8 (I think- maybe longer...) and I still have this issue.

My most rational thought about your situation is that you are dealing with some Sertraline side effects.

Sending up prayers for you to feel calm and peace.

---------- Post added at 13:34 ---------- Previous post was at 13:32 ----------

Just want to make sure you really focus on the part of my post that mentions that I, too, have been dealing with the lovely "D" ever since starting Sert- at least 8 WEEKS. I am positive you are experiencing it for the same reason. (Not to mention anxiety, itself, will lend itself to that problem!)

LunaLiuna
13-01-14, 19:38
I thought Sertraline too, it's given a lot of people including myself stomach problems.

RoseEve
13-01-14, 23:14
I also had diaherra when starting zoloft. You might have IBS which I is really common with anxiety.

Jojomarymoo
13-01-14, 23:25
Has anyone had a sore left side, this is where is it's bothering me the most, seems to be the colon area. Also does ibs make your stomach area hard and lumpy. I'm praying that it's an inflamed colon, colitis or diverticulosis. Just that doc still saying setraline should not cause these symptoms x

TooMuchToLiveFor
14-01-14, 00:38
Really? Because my doctor and pharmacist both said diarrhea is one of the most common side effects of starting Sertraline.