PDA

View Full Version : What tests can be done at doctors?

AnxiousPansa
13-01-14, 21:59
Hi all
Even though I have had problems with my breathing and other such anxious symptoms for months now I can never seem to fully convince myself its not something more. I therefore think it would be a good idea for me to have lung function test, ecg and basically anything that can be done to show me once and for all its IS anxiety. Does anyone know what/if such tests can be done at local practice?
Thanks Pansa x

worrieraz
13-01-14, 22:17
Most can be done at local practices but if you suffer from severe health anxiety, the tests might not help. In the last month I have had a chest xray, ultrasound of lymph nodes in my neck, blood work 3 times, an ekg, and I still think like I am dying.

AnxiousPansa
13-01-14, 22:22
thanks worrienaz im good at dealing with anxious symptoms if it werent fir that one niggle in back of head which im hoping tests will sort out :) do you know if they do them the day you ask for them or if you have to book further appointments? thanks

KLP
13-01-14, 22:33
I've had two Complete blood tests, sigmoidoscopy, mammogram, ultrasound of bust and abdomen, cortisol blood test, diabetes blood test. All have been clear. Except I have low white blood test which everyone suggested a viral infection, which I still don't believe. I think my anxiety can lower my wbc. Having MRI tomorrow and CBT therapy. Physiotherapy Wednesday for tense neck and shoulders. I've had all you mentioned and still want procedures done to realise that this IS anxiety.

nomorepanic
13-01-14, 23:03
Pansa you need to talk to your doc about this and see if they are prepared to do the tests or not.

AnxiousPansa
13-01-14, 23:04
Okie dokie :) thanks nicola