PDA

View Full Version : cystitis not going, feeling dispondent

JennyW
16-11-06, 10:29
I'm a suffer and this summer had 3 attacks so in October the doctor put me on antibiotics for 3 months, however this week I was experiencing stomach pains so went back. The dr did a dip test on my urine and said that he showed traces of blood and white bloods cells and said according to my urine, I've still got an infection [Sigh...] She has therefore put me on another type of AB for a week and I have to go back next week to have another dip test.

Of course with my health anxiety worries I'm worrying about all the bad things it could be and getting myself into a state about it thinking perhaps I have bladder cancer [V] I know it's extreme but I cant help it.

I had exploratory surgery 10 years ago and they found nothing. I'm just worried if I go again, they may find something horrible which is causing my cystitis. Can anyone help me as I'm worrying myself into a state. I'm so disappointed the AB didn't work too.

LickeyEndBlues
16-11-06, 11:09
Erm...as a guy I can't relate to this other than say, my partner swears by cranberry juice. She also went to "Holland and Barret" who were really helpful.

Hope that is of use Jenny

Iain

Laissez les bon temp roulez

carlin
16-11-06, 13:50
Hi there, sorry you are suffering at the moment. My daughter had this earlier this year and had to take a few different courses of tabs. once these kicked in they helped tons. Try not to worry that it is something more serious, sometimes these things get a hold and when we feel low take ages to shift, drink tons of water, cranberry juice and as suggested ask at the health shop for advice take care and keep in touch xx

barbie
19-11-06, 20:48
Ohhh Jenny

I get really bad water infections - one even caused me a tragic loss so I can really really sympathise here.

Firstly, a pharmacist once told me this, and I swear by it now - when you first get that stinging wee, take 4 cranberry tablets in one go. You can get them everywhere, they are just vitamins.

Secondly, drink lots of water, cut out caffine as this irritates your bladder.

Thirdly, try to wear clothes that arent tight around your hips, like low jeans, so there isnt too much pressure on your bladder

Fourthly, please dont panic. As Carlin said, these type of infections really do take a hold and it can take alot of different anti biotics to completely clear the infection.

I know this because I went to pieces recently when I got a water infection that lasted weeks. Take a look at my first post!

Stay strong, let me know if those things help, and also take a pro-biotic if you've been taking ABs for so long!! It will stop you getting thrush! [:I]

Carla x x x

"Smile Like You Mean It"