PDA

View Full Version : so worried, haven't slept,

jacki
14-01-14, 12:40
I have an appointment at the breast screening clinic on friday morning, I haven't been able to sleep since finding out yesterday.

at my dr's appointment she said my breasts felt lumpy, but there wasn't a specific lump anywhere, she told me to come back a few weeks later, as they change during the month.

went back yesterday and she said they didn't feel as lumpy as they did 1st time, but were still a bit lumpy. she said she would make me an appointment at the breast clinic and got the appointment for this friday. I got myself really upset in the dr's and she was lovely, saying that she was 99.9% it was nothing but she would rather be 100%

since coming home i have been in tears, can't sleep or eat, wondering how the hell i will make it to friday

makes it worse my mum found out just before xmas she got breast cancer :(

Conkers12
14-01-14, 12:48
I had an appointment last week at the breast screening clinic as I had a lump. The dr was sure it was nothing to worry about but wanted it checking. It was all fine thankfully, just fatty tissue. Fingers crossed yours is something similar xx

RoseEve
14-01-14, 12:59
My mother had this as well they were just liquid filled cysts. Your doctor is just making absolutely sure. I know it's nerve racking but I really think you will be just fine. Xoxoxo

jacki
14-01-14, 12:59
thanks, hopefully but i can't help worrying its something more sinister (as we do) :(

Annie0904
14-01-14, 13:13
Jacki I can understand your worries especially as your Mum has just been diagnosed. Lumpy breasts can be quite normal especially at certain times of the month so I wouldn't be too concerned. :hugs:

jacki
14-01-14, 13:28
I understand my Dr even tried to calm me down in the surgery, all i can think is the worst scenario and i'm making myself ill

Leslie735
14-01-14, 13:33
I understand your panic, I would probably be in the same state you are in. Do your best not to worry, it's most likely nothing, like your Dr. said. She is just sending you to be 100% sure instead of 99.9%. Odds are in your favor. I will keep you and your Mom in my prayers! :hugs:

Jojomarymoo
14-01-14, 14:47
Hi, I have lumpy breasts and doc said I'm very nodular I think it's quite common, and more lumpy at time of the month xx

jacki
14-01-14, 16:08
am trying to think positive - but all a seem to be getting is negative thoughts

thanks everyone :)

KLP
14-01-14, 16:20
I have dense breast tissue, had a breast reduction nearly 20 years ago and surgeon told me ' I blunted his knife', he did say looked heathly but wise to get a mammogram as a good reference point for the future. You'll be fine. X

Jojomarymoo
14-01-14, 17:33
I know, I've written down positive and rational reasons for my anxiety about my bowels and I need to keep looking at it, also ban google... take care x

jacki
15-01-14, 14:25
still feeling rubbish today :( my whole body is in a state of anxiety, also feeling so exhausted, and my sight seems blurry,
thinking a little bit more positive about my appointment on friday, but still can't get the niggling negative thoughts saying what if its bad :(

Leslie735
15-01-14, 15:54
still feeling rubbish today :( my whole body is in a state of anxiety, also feeling so exhausted, and my sight seems blurry,
thinking a little bit more positive about my appointment on friday, but still can't get the niggling negative thoughts saying what if its bad :(

I know how you feel, I really really really do. Right before Christmas last month I came down with what I thought and hope was a UTI. Went to my Dr. after a few days of it to get some meds and hoped to be on my merry way. Well Dr. did a test and said I didn't have an infection and proceeded to ramble off these conditions it could be. One that really scared me and left me in a panic. While not serious, a very painful no curing condition. I spent the week before, week of and week after Christmas in a complete total panic, anxiety mess. It was terrible! I completely missed Christmas pretty much. I was feeling less anxiety by New Years as my symptoms had lessened so I was sure it was just an infection that went away with the antibiotics she had given me. I was good for a week or two and then all of a sudden this week I've let my anxiety creep back up. Not as bad as before but there none the less. The anxiety is causing me to think symptoms are there and it's awful. I really dislike the whole situation. So I know how you feel, it's terrible and nobody understands unless they have been through it. I will keep you in my prayers during your test, I'm sure all will be just fine and you'll come out on the other side with good news. Keep us posted!!! :hugs:

jacki
15-01-14, 19:06
Am so fed up tonight, anxiety is off the charts, and i don't really know why?

i wish friday was over, and everything be ok, but these negative thoughts won't go away, keep thinking am going to hear worst news :(

i really thought i was over the worst of this horrible anxiety/ panics/ nerves

been fine for months n months n then all comes crashing down,

i just can't rationalise anything :(

Althea
15-01-14, 21:13
It's virtually impossible to simply avoid thinking about something--what's more successful is deliberately finding something else to think about. So what's coming up that you might enjoy? Are you thinking about going anywhere on holiday this year? Where would you like to go if expense were no object? Maybe you could put a picture of that place up and think about what you might do there whenever your thoughts start heading toward catastrophizing. Thoughts are like a puppy--they need something to divert their attention!

jacki
17-01-14, 15:04
hi all,

just an update : been to clinic today and got a clean bill of health

just need a good nights sleep

thanks for all the advice :)

Shelly06
17-01-14, 15:44
Really glad that it was all fine after all. My cousin went through that panic as well when her doctor wanted her to have one, hers was fine as well.

I know that with anxiety already though, the panic becomes more intense but more often than not, the thing that we're fearing is never usually as bad as we're imagining it will be.

I'm sure you'll have a really good sleep tonight. :)

Conkers12
17-01-14, 17:10
So pleased to hear the appiintment went well.

Fingers crossed for a good night sleep.