PDA

View Full Version : angina

lorraine
14-01-14, 15:38
hi

if you had angina would they be able to tell by a ecg. I had a echo 5 yrs ago, stress test, calcium score (0) My last ecg was around nov 2012.

Scare i have angina now because i get this squeezing sensation in my chest that last 2 or 3 secs.

Lorraine

---------- Post added at 15:38 ---------- Previous post was at 15:31 ----------

Anybody got any ideas as i googled my symptoms and came up with that. I only have that one symptom none of the others. Now im panaking going to have a heart attack!!!!!

Why did i google.?????

Lorraine

Dissension
17-01-14, 00:54
Hi, lorraine. :)

EKG/ECG is one of the diagnostic tests for angina.

Are you able to identify where, precisely, the discomfort is located? While it is impossible to perform diagnosis online, and I am not a practicing medical professional, the duration of the discomfort (two to three seconds) does not seem consistent with coronary illness - it seems more like what I've experienced as a symptom of panic disorder, especially given the lack of other angina symptoms.

If you're a younger person, the probability of coronary disease is very low. As an example, it's exceedingly rare for a person in their 20s to suffer myocardial infarction (heart attack)!

If you're concerned, it won't hurt to phone a physician's office and schedule a check up.