PDA

View Full Version : i feel different

ashberg
16-11-06, 10:53
hi .
does any1 just feel different and dont know why[?] me 2!:D

iv panicked all my days! im 38 but just realised that i suffered pannick attacks about 2/3 years ago![Duh!] i thought every1 was the same[8D]

i dont go out much, would love to work but the whole thought of facing the world on a 9-5 basis is very scary 2 me.
i dont interact with people a lot outwith my kids and partner.
and when i do i dont know where to look! cant get eye contact or stair at there eyes!
i just want to be able to go out and make friends but if i try the whole pannick makes me look emotionless! frozen face and no friendlyness.
any 1 recognise these problems?
Is this how it is until it drives me mad?
iv always hoped a dr would say its this, take this now ur fine!
But i dont seem 2 be able to get over to a dr how exactly i feel.

regards
steve

s philip

LickeyEndBlues
16-11-06, 11:04
Hi Steve

Welcome to NMP, you are most certainly not alone and there are loads of folks in here who could have written your post.

You will find loads of advice, help and support in here....and most importanly others who relate exactly to what you say.

Going to the docs is part of the answer but there are no magic pills. There are meds that may help if that is whats needed, but getting to the bottom of why you feel the way you feel is what is important.

Take care Steve

Iain

Laissez les bon temp roulez

libbie
16-11-06, 14:42
hi steve, life does get better. try writing your feelings down, if you find it difficult to talk to your doctor. this may help you as well.

try self help groups, they helped me a lot, they make you realise that your not alone, and not going mad, and whats happening to you is mainly down to anxiety of some sorts.

take care
libbie

manmoor
16-11-06, 15:06
Hi Steve,

A big warm welcome to you.

Take Care

Mandyxx

ashberg
16-11-06, 15:17
thank you all.
Libbie what are self help groups?

steve

s philip

honeybee3939
16-11-06, 15:25
Hi Steve,

A Big warm welcome to you, lovely to see you here im sure you will get some great advice here while making new friends on the way!:D

First Steps:
First Steps to overcoming Panic and Anxiety (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=942)

Love

Andrea
xxx

libbie
17-11-06, 15:40
hi steve, tried to p.m. you but it wont let me cause i did not post the topic. self help groups are where people go who all suffer from the same. they can be groups ones or one to one. i ve been on anxiety management and assertiveness ones. they really do help. you can find these through your local mind charity of by referal by your doctors.

any question about these i would be happy to help you with. just p.m. me
take care
hope this helps a little
libbie

trac67
17-11-06, 15:44
Hi,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends.

Take care

Trac xx

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwritten'

nomorepanic
19-11-06, 20:38
Hi Steve

Welcome aboard and lovely to see you here.

Hope you get some great support and advice on here.

Please feel free to ask us any questions you need answering.

Nicola

People will forget what you said
People will forget what you did
But people will never forget how you made them feel