PDA

View Full Version : Should I believe the docs about my neck/throat?

JaneS
14-01-14, 18:09
Hello, I have just returned from the docs. This is the second doctor I have seen at my practice for what I thought I saw as a lump on the top of the centre of my collar bone/base of throat when I was drying my hair. In a panic I rushed to the first doc who examined me and said he could not feel anything - not satisfied I have been again to see a different doc who also said he could not feel anything. I have tried to feel and can't actually feel anything unless I pull my neck skin down over the bone in the centre - it looks like flabby skin although I am not fat, just getting older at 51. He did suggest that for peace of mind if I wanted an ultrasound scan on my thyroid he was happy to refer me. Now I am in a major panic as I am due to go to Tenerife on Sunday - why do these things always happen before going away - psychological maybe!! Don't know what to do now. I take thyroxine 75mg a day and my recent thyroid blood test done last week was normal? Sweating with anxiety now and fiddling with throat and making it sore!

Fishmanpa
14-01-14, 18:55
Jane,

All I'll say is read over what you posted and answer that question yourself ;)

Positive thoughts

JaneS
14-01-14, 19:12
Thanks - I appreciate what you are saying and I know deep down I am paranoid - wish I could stop this.