PDA

View Full Version : OCD

aoife
16-11-06, 11:20
[:Hi i'm aoife
and i have had ocd since i was a little girl. i am one of six and four of us have ocd. we did not know this untill we were well into adult life.i felt it was shamefull i was, and still am embarressed by the condition. i have never had treatment
for it. except for reading books on the subject it is complicated by having panic attacks as well.
My ocd is checking taps doors windows electric points ect.it has been a part of my life for as long as i can remember i would love to be rid of it !!
perhaps that is not possible.
i once read with ocd when you are checking go with what you SEE and not what you FEEL that helps.
maybe somone has advice !i was thinking of trying hypnotheraphy. hope to hear fromone of the team
best wishes
Aoife

honeybee3939
16-11-06, 11:27
Hi Aoife

A BIG warm welcome to you, lovely to see you here, im sure you will get some great advice here while making new friends on the way!:D

First Steps:
First Steps to overcoming Panic and Anxiety (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=942)

Love

Andrea
xxxx

LickeyEndBlues
16-11-06, 12:14
Hi Aoife,

Welcome to NMP. You will find loads of help, advice and support in here. Try the OCD forums in particular, there I'm sure you will met other people who can relate to what you are saying.

Take care

Iain

Laissez les bon temp roulez

manmoor
16-11-06, 15:09
Hi Aoife,

A big warm welcome to you.

Take Care

Mandyxx

Benja54
16-11-06, 21:38
hey there :D
I don't know personally what OCD is like but there are many like-minded people in this site, just talking to people on this has helped me understand panic attacks better and i hope it helps you understand your OCD and panic a bit better also

peace and love, Ben

aoife
16-11-06, 22:09
Hello Ben
thank you so much for your message. i'm new to all this everyone is so nice.
just wanted to say thanks for now.
best wishes
Aoife

yorkylover
16-11-06, 23:13
Hi and welcome.You will get great support here pet.:D:D:D

Ellen XX

nomorepanic
19-11-06, 20:42
Hi Aiofe

Welcome aboard and lovely to see you here.

Hope you get some great support and advice on here.

Please feel free to ask us any questions you need answering.

Nicola

People will forget what you said
People will forget what you did
But people will never forget how you made them feel