PDA

View Full Version : Convinced I have appendicitis

Shelly15
14-01-14, 20:49
I suffer health anxiety and for the past month I've got a pain in the right lower side of my tummy and I keep getting shooting pains that go down my leg. I'm convinced I'm dying and its my appendix. I no its proberly not and its just me concentrating on it because I've been concentrating on my tummy for like 6 months and have been to the doctors. I keep panicking and when I panic I feel faint then I think what if I'm feeling faint because I'm dying!

Worriedwellornot
14-01-14, 20:52
Hi. I have had appendicitis and was in agony. You would really know if you had this. You could have a grumbling appendix. Better to get it checked over by the Dr. It's a relatively easy operation. You can live without your appendix.

Fishmanpa
14-01-14, 20:54
If it were appendicitis, you wouldn't have been able to live with it for a month.

Positive thoughts

badassweasel
14-01-14, 21:45
You would know about it "I know" and you wouldn't or couldn't put up or have it for a month ... It's excruciating agony , enough to make you vomit , go see your GP :)

Conkers12
14-01-14, 23:27
I had appendicitis when I was pregnant - it was awful! I was in hospital within 36 hours of starting to feel unwell so it sounds unlikely to be appendicitis.

Pet59
15-01-14, 07:38
You would definitely know about it. I had mine out in an emergency. A test they used to do was to lie flat and see if you could bring your knees up to your chest. Agree with worriedwellornot in that it could be grumbling appendicitis. Get it checked out.

ricardo
15-01-14, 07:52
Shelly

All the above comments make sense. Appendicitis is actually sometimes hard to diagnose but as others have said for peace of mind go to your doctor.You may just have a trapped nerve as shooting pains down your leg is not a symptom. Good luck.