PDA

View Full Version : confidence building

Joe C
14-01-14, 21:39
Hi guys, hope everyone is relatively wel l:). Just wondered whether anyone has any experience with trying to reinforce positive thoughts? I have a pretty good grip on my anxiety at the moment, but as a job Im a barber. Obviously you're going to get some degree of rejection in my industry, in terms of people not liking how you cut their hair etc.... I'm very proud of how far I've gotten, I earn great money, have a few clients who wait for me specifiically and have a bright future ahead.

My issue is I work with a lad who is an amazing hairdresser and every time someone waits for him to cut their hair over me I tend to take it very personally, it makes me very doubtful of my own ability and I would like a way to stop thinking so self destructively.

any ideas:shrug:

Fishmanpa
14-01-14, 21:51
This is a rather simple one but it works. Do you see that quote in my signature? I live by that. I have it as my wallpaper on my computer and as my screensaver. I have it printed out and placed in places that I see it all the time... bathroom mirror, refrigerator etc. It just helps reinforce that in my head so things don't get to me. Whenever I feel some stupid niggle or stress building, I read it. All of a sudden, that niggle or stressful situation isn't as important :)

Find a quote or saying the resonates with you and makes you feel good. Place it everywhere you feel you need to and read it whenever the doubt creeps in. Hope that helps :)

Positive thoughts

Joe C
14-01-14, 22:19
That's great thank you! Mind if I steal the quote? :D

Fishmanpa
14-01-14, 23:49
That's great thank you! Mind if I steal the quote? :D

Be my guest!

Positive thoughts