PDA

View Full Version : Always sick with colds

cattia
15-01-14, 07:20
I have woken up with ANOTHER cold! Since the summer, I have averaged one a month. Of course I am starting to worry that there is an underlying cause that is giving me a compromised immune system. I honestly am constantly ill. I am stressed a lot and I do yoo much but even so, why am I so sickly?

Andrash
15-01-14, 07:29
I have woken up with ANOTHER cold! Since the summer, I have averaged one a month. Of course I am starting to worry that there is an underlying cause that is giving me a compromised immune system. I honestly am constantly ill. I am stressed a lot and I do yoo much but even so, why am I so sickly?

Well, anxiety and stress can literally break your immune system down. However, there are lots of good ways to boost your immune system-eat a lot of raw vegetables and citrus fruits, exercise, eat regularly and healthy and if you think it's necessary also start talking some food supplement that boosts immune system (there are lots of these). Don't worry-everyone had times when he/she couldn't shake off a cold or kept getting new ones. :)

Of course, if that trend continues or if your colds worsen, you can always go to your GP to discuss things-but I'm sure it's nothing sinister. :)

HoneyLove
15-01-14, 11:00
Andrash is correct, being stressed all the time can lower your immune function and you'll catch bugs more easily. Best thing you can do is work on those stress levels to bring yourself into a better places physically as well as mentally :)

RoseEve
15-01-14, 11:20
Do you work with children? My first 2 years teaching I had a cold every month.

cattia
15-01-14, 14:53
Thank you all. I do think stress plays a part. I am always busy and have no time for myself. I am not sure how I can change that though, as I have to balance being a mum and working so there are never enough hours in the day.
Rose, I teach in a college so yes, I am constantly surrounded in germs and there are lots of colds around at the moment. I also have young children myself so they pick up loads of germs. It just feels like the minute I get over a cold, I have another one.

Annie0904
15-01-14, 17:09
cattia I am just the same at the moment, just got over one cold and now have another. I think I have just got so run down and tired that I am picking all the germs up.

Daisy Sue
16-01-14, 00:43
I'd definitely agree with taking something to boost your immune system.. we take the Bassets chewy ones, I think there are 3 varieties, and one is for the immune system. Also there is Sambucol - available in health shops - it's a yummy berry flavour and you take it every day, & increase the dose when you have a virus or infection.

Worriedwellornot
16-01-14, 18:37
Hi I'm an educator and have either had a cough, cold or sore throat since October. It's one of the hazards of the job. I'm sure it's nothing sinister