PDA

View Full Version : Call centers...grrrrrrrrr

LickeyEndBlues
16-11-06, 12:11
After two days where I have been onto BT Internet call centres I am pulling my hair out!!!

Whilst I can find my way around a fair bit of the PC I haven't a clues about real technical stuff, I'm the same with cars!! Yesterday I wanted to find out what box I needed to tick in order to take of the email alert sound...............it took an hour!!!!!!!!!!!!! And three differnt people, where I had to explain everything in triplicate, spelling half of it out!!! I feel I am easy (a matter of opinion I know) to get along with and am able to communicate with pretty much all people I come across (well on a good day anyway!!) A huge part of the problem is sub continental call centres (please note I have no racist or bigotted views here). It's bad enough getting around accents in the UK but lordy lordy!!!

Do you know what 3 solutions I was offered were before I got the right one..............turn off the volume!!!! Not a lot of f*****n' good when you want to listen to Paul McKenna (although some of you may agree with that!!)...I was trying a self help relaxation download the other day and about 15 minutes in I had a dozen emails come splashing in!!! WELL RELAXED I CAN TELL YOU!!!!

calm Iain calm.........................
anyway, I can now listen without interruption!! (AN HOUR!!!!!)

calm, slow deep breathing, calm

Today I rang up about changing from BTYahoo broadband to BTtotal with wireless. As it was sales I got through very quickly to a lovely Irish lass who was very personable but didn't fully understand my technical question, you are ahead of me here!!, and off I went to Mumbia.

I know the folks I spoke to were trying to be very helpful and I'm sure they would be great folks to get to know, BUT!!

Please......as Wogan might say (and i'm not a fan!!) Is it me?

calm, calm, deep breathing, calm.....
:):):):):):)

Laissez les bon temp roulez

Sue K with 5
16-11-06, 12:32
I am laughing my socks off at your description of a BT customer services personnel.

I worked as an for NTL for 4 years before transferring as a Customer services Manager but my staff were trained lol

The trick is easy you get on the phone you demand to talk to the manager you refuse to tell them whats wrong, you threaten them with oftel they will have it resolved in 30 mins and they give you an idiots guide of how it works.

Good luck and Iain try to take it easy at your age stress is not good honey

pmsl

xxxx

scknight

Piglet
16-11-06, 12:53
No - don't even get me started on call centres, total &*^%$()^&*%$£" 's the lot of them!!!!

Love Piglet xx

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
"Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.

Chopper
16-11-06, 12:59
Great post Iain! Brought a smile to my face I can tell you.:D

Y'know what really gets me? I work in Norwich and a lot of our admin work is done in Pune in India[V], but local staff aren't very knowledgeable about insurance, so I spend most of my time correcting their mistakes or educating them in how to do things correctly. Being a Jock sometimes the communication isn't easy!

Then, you get home, sit down and the phone goes ...... guess who? Some bank's Chanai call centre asking if I'd like one of their new 'Low Interest "Rupee" Cards!!!!!:(

Happiness and light to you all,
'Chopper'

I saw her once, one little while, and then no more:
’Twas Eden’s light on Earth a while, and then no more.
Amid the throng she passed along the meadow-floor:
Spring seemed to smile on Earth awhile, and then no more;
But whence she came, which way she went, what garb she wore
I noted not; I gazed a while, and then no more!

James Clarence Mangan 1803 - 1849

piglits pal
16-11-06, 16:03
I used to work for ntl and I thought their service was bad then but I've just had a nightmare 5 days trying to get my phone line mended.

People obviously not with English as their first language and with no technical training whatsoever - this guy asked me 3 times in 2 minutes if I had a dialling tone (still no after the third time of asking). Eventually he said a tech would come out - oh surprise surprise, guess who never had a tech call. Back on phone - using mobile and sitting in the call queue. Got a lady who appeared to know what she was talking about. Tech says he came at 1pm and there was no one in. Well I don't know who's door he knocked on but it definitely wasn't mine. OK rebook for this morning. At 1pm I'm on the phone again to the non-English call centre looking for my tech. Eventually after being on hold, on mobile again, for 10 minutes, they tracked him down.

I have a phone line now but I'm not finished with them by a long way.:(