PDA

View Full Version : Rationlised

LunaLiuna
15-01-14, 14:21
So finally, after 3 years of social anxiety and three months of HA which ruined my Christmas, I think I'm finally getting somewhere, I'm not sure if the meds are helping but I feel I've helped myself more, I thought I'd post this here :)

I feel it's down to meds to help with the normal social anxiety at the moment, but I've managed to rationalise my health fears. I've spent the last couple of months worrying about some horrible neuro disease or cancer, I've had multiple blood tests including my thyroid, all came back fine. I had an eye test a couple of years ago which was fine also fine, I'm also 16 and have ate as healthily as I could for over 2 years.

Looking back, although it didn't seem like it at the time just before my HA started I went through a pretty high amount of stress, I was settling into a new house, my only friend pretty much told me she didn't want to talk, my parents were fighting (physically) and I was stuck in the middle. being the oldest it was up to me to sort things out. I also gave up my meditation and yoga, my only source of calm.

I then started to get headaches and head pains, and I would wake up with sore ears (I've always had problems with infections I've even perforated one)
but this was different as there was no infection. I started to get increasingly consumed by what I felt and stupidly googled. Wow, I spiralled from then on, I would sit in a chair all day and hardly speak, i started forgetting things and having panic attacks for the first time, I'd never dealt with anything like this so it completely consumed me, I then found this forum, which thankfully explained my less frightening symptoms (tiredness, jolting awake, tingling ect) I still felt pretty bad though and moved into my brothers room, my headaches got worse and I started getting blood in my mouth when I brushed in the morning. I was convinced that was it, I even started associating TV programs and certain words with myself as well which made me worse.

But then one night my brother woke up to a clicking and grinding sound, I was clenching and grinding my teeth! since then my dentist confirmed that I've been doing it and I got a guard today! Ah I really do hope this solves the problems!

I thought this may help some people who've maybe blown something small into a big old dragon. it's still hard to accept, but I'll post here tomorrow morning to say how the night with my guard went, thank you :)

katesa
15-01-14, 14:29
Aww well done Luna!

To have such strength at such a young age is awe inspiring and I hope you are proud of yourself

LunaLiuna
15-01-14, 14:34
Ah thank you, I wouldn't call it strength, just perseverance :)

Leslie735
15-01-14, 15:34
Good for you!!!! :yesyes: Glad you were able to find a sense of normalcy!

LunaLiuna
15-01-14, 15:57
Thank you, it feels like a little way to go yet but I'm on my way :)

Fishmanpa
15-01-14, 16:08
Ah thank you, I wouldn't call it strength, just perseverance :)

Perseverance IS strength!

Positive thoughts!

AnxiousPansa
15-01-14, 16:10
Well done Luna :D Im 16 aswell and trying very hard to overcome my health anxiety! x

LunaLiuna
15-01-14, 16:16
Awh, I'm sure you'll overcome it, I thought I wasn't going to make it too Christmas but I did :)

Message me if you need some help :)

AnxiousPansa
15-01-14, 16:18
Thank you :) xx

MrAndy
15-01-14, 16:21
well done luna,the guard will eventually train you to stop grinding those gnashers ! and you wont need it again

LunaLiuna
15-01-14, 16:25
Good, I've been wearing it to try and get use to it today, it's definitely going to be weird trying to sleep with it!

LunaLiuna
16-01-14, 11:08
Update: Well I slept fine with it! although my teeth hurt a little, I still have a little bit of a temple ache, should this ease once I fully get use to it?

My HA is centred around the symptoms I get from jaw clenching so it's a bit of a vicious circle, the more I get anxious the more I grind :l

Thank you :)

MrAndy
16-01-14, 11:22
I still have a little bit of a temple ache, should this ease once I fully get use to it?
yes but it will take a few weeks

LunaLiuna
16-01-14, 11:27
Okay thank you MrAndy :) do you know anything that would reduce the aches in the mean time? I guess not focusing on them would be a start.

MrAndy
16-01-14, 11:43
Okay thank you MrAndy :) do you know anything that would reduce the aches in the mean time? I guess not focusing on them would be a start.ibuprofen to reduce the swelling

LunaLiuna
16-01-14, 11:55
Thanks again, have a good day :)