PDA

View Full Version : the sound of rain

benoo5
06-10-03, 20:58
hello everyone,my name is bryan...a new member, i am not qualified to talk about medication,but i can talk about the relaxing power of the sound of rainfall.
as a child,i would go camping with my parents...we always camped a few miles from home in south wales,and it rained a lot, i would lay in the tent,listening to the sound of the rain on the canvass,and i felt wonderful.
years later,when at uni,three of us shared an attic flat...with a skylite...studying,partying,sleep was hard to come bye,and then it rained for two days,non stop.i just lay there listening to it hitting the skylite,and i felt wonderful.
eight years ago,i went through a divorce,i thought it was the end of my world,i still do sometimes,i was working 12hr shifts,and having trouble sleeping,i wont take sleeping tablets,so i thought back to my days of the rain...i bought a relaxation tape,you guessed,yes it was of rainfall...i would put on my headphones,snuggle under the duvet...and yes,once again,i felt wonderful.......just my thoughts,if this is of help to one person,then ime glad i wrote it...bryan

nomorepanic
06-10-03, 21:49
Hi Bryan

I love the sound of waves on a beach - so I like you bought a CD and also one of those sound machine things that runs for 15, 30 mins or continuously.

We play it at night to help me sleep.

It is birds and waves etc - lovely

When I have hypnotherapy and they ask you to imagine a safe place - I am on that beach with the waves etc. Well relaxing

Glad to hear that it helps you too :-)

Nicola

bishop
08-10-03, 19:37
hi bryan
i love too listen too whale music,find it helps me to relax there are many relaxing tapes,but too get me too move out of the chair,i like 70/80 music,find it help with housework .
bish

nomorepanic
08-10-03, 20:07
Bish - I can just see you bopping around the house with the hoover - lol

Nicola

Roxy
16-10-03, 23:55
Really hot showers! They seem to be keeping me going at the minute! I have about 4 a days.. you can forget the world whilst being surrounded by falling water :)

Roxy

Laurie28
17-10-03, 14:45
I've always loved the sound of rain on my windows when it is cold and wet outside and I am snuggled under my duvet!!!

Might buy a tape and see if it helps me relax

Lucky