PDA

View Full Version : so far so good

Tessie28
17-07-04, 21:49
Hi everyone,

don't want to be premature posting here but thought I ought to update. Went back to work on 5th July but have now broken up for the summer [Yeah!].
Physio going well and arm looking less alien now. Still get odd times of anxiety but sooo much better now. Looking into CBT at present. BP as near normal as i'm likely to get it. Will keep taking the tablets on both counts LOL.

As always many thanks to the people on here who got me through the terrible times and apologies if Ive been out of touch lately [this work business has been getting in the way].

Particular thanks to Meg for her wise words and everyone else for their brilliant support.

Better go now as this is starting to sound like an Oscar night speech!
love and best wishes for a panic free weekend,
Tess xx

Meg
17-07-04, 23:17
Dear Tess,

Glad to hear all is well with you and that both BP and wrist are under control.

Its usual that people stop by for as long as they need help and support and then drift off and rebuild their lives and try to forget this episode.

I just ask that if we have someone who we think would really benefit from your personal experience that we can email you and ask for help for them.

All best wishes

Meg

sal
18-07-04, 11:44
Hi Tess

Pleased you got back to work and it went well for you. I bet the children were glad to see you back.

I am glad the physio is going well and blood pressure is nearly back to normal.

Sorry i havent been in touch but like you this work thing really does get in the way.

Was thinking of you though.

Now it is your time to enjoy the holidays.

Will email you soon, I promise!!!!

Love Sal xxxxx

Rennie1989
18-07-04, 15:52
tess

well done 4 gettin through the bad times, even i tend to struggle,

i hope ur wrirst will be better wen we both go bak to skool,

Scooter Girl

if i wa hungry would u feed me, if i fell u you help me up, if i was crying would brush away my tears

Tessie28
18-07-04, 16:28
Hi Guys and thanks,

Meg - anytime I can help anyone it is no problem. I'll still keep dropping by anyway to see how people are doing. I realise that you were right [happily] and that this was just an episode for me. As we know others are not so fortunate and we need to support one another.

Words can't express how great this site is and how lovely the people on it - oh no i'm off againLOL.

love Tess xx

nomorepanic
18-07-04, 19:16
Heya Tess

Wow - you are doing so well.

Great news on the blood pressure too. I have doubled my dose and after 2 weeks of feeling a bit sick and dizzy I seem to have settled into taking the increased dose.

We love to see people go - lol!! It means that they don't need us as much but we LOVE it when they come back and carry on supporting others and telling us how they did things and overcame them.

Meg is a prime example of this - she doesn't need to come here as a sufferer but offers us all some great support and advice so we really appreciate it. Thanks Meg.

I never invisaged that I would meet so many caring people in one place and only wish I had met you all years ago!!

So please Tess come back whenever you feel happy or sad cos just telling us how you are doing is a positive boost for us all.

Take care

xxx

Nicola

Tessie28
19-07-04, 10:29
Hi again,

thanks Nic but you know you are the one that makes this happen and you should be really proud. I bet your family are soooo proud of you.[^].

more good news - i'm getting my rings back tomorrow [wedding and eternity]. I can't wait to see them back on my finger [they were cut off when I broke my wrist]. And I don't know if i said but i drove yesterday for the first time since the break:D. It was sooo good to be driving again and no after effects. you know what this means girls - yessss I can go sales shopping [Yeah!]. No good going when the old chap has to drive you:D:D
love Tess xxx

sal
19-07-04, 11:42
Hi Tess

Good to hear you are getting your rings back, bet you cant wait. As for driving well done.

Think of all the shopping you have to catch up with!!!!!

Take care.

Love Sal xxxxx

nomorepanic
19-07-04, 21:38
Tess - thanks for the kind words but I cannot take the credit. I just brought us all together. As for the family being proud - well they don't really know what I do :( They know I run a website but they don't know what it does. I try to tell them but they just say "oh that is nice" lol. My mum joined but never reads it. I don't mind though - I know that I help.

Have the rings been fixed then if you had them cut off?

Great news about the driving though - shopping here we go!!

Glad you are doing so well

xx

Nicola

jo-jo
19-07-04, 22:33
Hiya Tess

Its fantastic to hear that you're doing so well. I'll bet your glad you got a little time in at work before the hols as it won't seem nearly so bad when you have to go back. Glad to hear that your arm is coming along nicely too and that it feels more like it belongs to you again.

Would love to hear how CBT goes if you decide to go ahead - I too am feeling much better thanks to a mixture of meds, acupuncture, traditional chinese medicine, a couple of counselling sessions and one of hypnotherapy but I'm sure I can always find room for an extra therapy. Hey - a girl can't take too many precautions you know ;)

Enjoy the summer break Tess, have fun

Love Jo xxx

sal
19-07-04, 23:46
Hi Jess

You are doing so well. Please still keep in touch and let us know how you are. Miss you

Lots of love Sal xxxx

Tessie28
20-07-04, 13:18
Hi,

Nic - at least your mum is a member !!! Don't do yourself down you make it tick[8D]. how is the BP now? Which meds are you on now? Rings are back where they belong and just like new! The shopping has not been too much of a problem as late as I discovered ebay LOL. I got soooo many parcels this morning it was like Christmas. In fact Roge says it will be cheaper to take me away for a few days than let me at the computer! Seriously, I got some really good bargains including a brand new Monsoon sparkly top for £15 rather than £50 [Wow!].

Jo, so glad to hear you are okay and the wedding went well. What work plans do you have now? I'm waiting to hear about an assessment for the CBT [NH] so could take some time. I like your approach - mine is very similar - take the meds and whatever else you can:D.

Sal, how are things with you just now?

Well I guess I better get going,
love Tess xx

jo-jo
22-07-04, 19:57
Hiya Tess

So glad to hear how well you're doing and that you are back driving again plus rings back in place and looking good. Yes, what great timing on your part the sales are indeed in full swing and are beckoning you as I type .... That was the worst thing for me about having panic attacks - they started to affect my shopping stamina and that is not good. Pleased to say I'm back on full form and with so much time on my hands over the summer I'm back to being a 2 or 3 times a week girl on the purchasing front. The E Bay thing sounds really good though, I just love getting parcels, its so exciting.

In September I'm starting a masters in health psychology which is full time for a year. I'm really looking forward to it but I'm going to have to set myself some limits as my uni work just about took over my life towards the end of my 1st degree and I'm sure it contributed to my panic. I'm also a bit worried because its going to cost me (well, more like Steve actually) a fortune to do it, there's no funding available - and so I feel a bit of pressure to do well in that respect but I'm determined to take it a bit easier this time. I'd love to work as a health psychologist eventually but its going to be a long haul as most of the health psychology jobs still call for clinical psychologists to apply. That means after my masters a year or two working as an assistant psychologist and then a 3 year doctorate in clinical psych. One step at a time though!

Take care hon

Lots of love Jo xxx

nomorepanic
22-07-04, 20:32
<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">Hi,

Nic - at least your mum is a member !!! Don't do yourself down you make it tick[8D]. how is the BP now? Which meds are you on now? Rings are back where they belong and just like new! The shopping has not been too much of a problem as late as I discovered ebay LOL. I got soooo many parcels this morning it was like Christmas. In fact Roge says it will be cheaper to take me away for a few days than let me at the computer! Seriously, I got some really good bargains including a brand new Monsoon sparkly top for £15 rather than £50 [Wow!].

<div align="right">Originally posted by tess - 20 July 2004 : 13:18:03</div id="right">
</td id="quote"></tr id="quote"></table id="quote">

I have not done the blood pressure again yet - they said it would take 3-4 weeks for the increased dose to take effect so I will do it soon. I am still on the same meds Perindopril (Coversyl) just taking 4mg instead of 2mg.

Great news about the rings!!

I am a big ebay fan and sell loads on there too - nice little earner.

Ask Meg about her bizarre ebay purchases lol

Glad you are doing well.[^]

xx

Nicola

Tessie28
27-07-04, 10:15
Hi everyone,

just back from a few days in sunny Swanage. It was great and I'm really starting to feel physically fit again - it has taken so long but good to be able to keep up with the old fella!

Jo - [Wow!] you are a brain box! Just enjoy the holidays for now and try not to go at it too hard when you start [I'm a good one to talk I can assure you!]. Glad I'm not the only shopaholic out there. I can always find some excuse and am even now planning a day in Oxford :D- just don't tell hubby!

Nic - hope all is going well with the meds. Do you have a monitor at home? I bought one and it is useful as long as you don't get obsessive LOL. The week I had my accident it was 196/98 and I was already on the beta blockers by then!!! The meds I'm on now [something to do with calcium channel blocking they relax your arteries - I think] are working really well with no side effects at all.
I'm afraid I've made a couple of peculiar ebay buys recently - things arrive and you think 'that's not what it looked like in the picture' LOL . I've slowed down on that for now as I keep buying Christmas presents and then wanting to keep them for myself - what am i like?

hope everyone is okay today,
love Tess xxx

sal
27-07-04, 21:18
Hi Tess

So pleased to hear you are doing so well. Hope you are enjoying your summer holiday break?

Lots to catch up on so will email you soon.

You take care.

Lots of love Sal xxxxx