PDA

View Full Version : OCD,Health Anxiety and GAD

dani1984
15-01-14, 18:38
Hello All
Thankyou for taking the time to read this post.
My Name is Danielle and I am 29 and I am from London.
I have been on Anti depressants since I was 15 when I was diagnosed with Depression. It took the Doctors and health Professionals 12 years to correctly diagnose OCD and GAD and I am still struggling to find the right meds.
I have tried lots of different ones and all different types of therapy but nothing has really helped.
I am suffering extreme health anxiety at the moment which is beginning to irritate my friends and family. I am 100% convinced I have some awful illness and I just wish I could take the thought away but I can't. It is comforting to read the posts on this site and for me to realise I am not alone but my heart goes out to all of you that are suffering from a mental health illness
Keep your head up and stay strong
Dani

Sam100322
16-01-14, 18:28
Hi dani, I'm sorry to hear it took them 12 years to correctly diagnose you. I was diagnosed last year with GAD and minor health anxiety. I know how hard it is. When you get a thought in your head that your convinced something is wrong. and the symptoms anxiety gives make you think there is. It's trying to keep them positive thoughts thinking. Keep your head up. Sam. X

dani1984
16-01-14, 18:34
Hi Sam,
Thankyou for your kind message. It is very frustrating that it took so long to find out what is wrong with me, but at least we have the NHS I suppose. Can I ask what meds you take? And how you find them? The tingling I have is not constant and moves to various parts of my body. Mainly arms, legs, face, head. Also had a bit of twitching in my hand and calf. It's all really scary, especially when you google your symptoms.

Sam100322
16-01-14, 18:42
Your welcome :-) . I am currently on 45mg of mirtazapine. It has helped me pretty good. Although recently I've been getting really bad cases of lightheadedness/dizziness which really sucks. It is scary stuff and I hope nothing is serious is wrong. Anxiety does play about with the nervous system so it could be down to that. I keep away from google it always brings up seriously bad things that could be wrong and makes the Heath anxiety even more worse X