PDA

View Full Version : Lock jaw

TRISTAN
15-01-14, 19:03
I have a problem where my jaw is shut tight to the point where my teeth hurt and toung is always pushed hard on roof of mouth , does anyone else get this ?

TRISTAN
17-01-14, 19:00
Just me then lol

Emphyrio
18-01-14, 03:38
This happens when people are in the process of changing medication. Its affected by serotonin apparently. I'm experiencing it right now as I get used to my new meds.

Stress and anxiety can also cause it, however.

kittikat
18-01-14, 04:42
This also happens to me, is a side effect of my medication venlafaxine, however as Emphyrio says above, can be a S/E of anxiety and stress too.

If it concerns you or you are experiencing problems with it, speak to your dentist about a mouth guard which is supposed to help with this annoying issue. Apparently, I don't need one because I have broken 3 teeth already doing this and had to have them removed...the rest are "lined up well" so shouldn't cause too many problems now. But...I am very aware that I do it in my sleep, and I do try to consciously stop if I notice that I am doing it when awake.

So... it's not just you!! All the best, Kitti :)

TRISTAN
18-01-14, 13:54
Thanks guys , not worried about it but does make my teeth hurt and also broken a tooth :(