PDA

View Full Version : Blood pressure update

robin321
15-01-14, 21:41
Quick summary for those who havent followed.
- normalish blood pressure all my life till age 37. One day took it at pharmacy (during stressful period in my life) and it was 155/105.
- Panicked. Took it over and over for a few days. Always high
- Paid private, and saw cardiologist. Stress test ok. Did 24 hr monitor. Ok. Avg was 123/83. Was told I was just out of shape.

Numerous other HA issues arose, and I refused to check my BP. It was a fear. Finally had a routine physical last month, was terrified, and my BP was 155/101. Was told to take it at home for 4 weeks, and to go back.

I took it for 3 weeks, and then did not take it while on vacation. I am now back.

When I take it, it is always high the first reading. It can range from 145-164. If I wait a minute or two, and take it again, it will drop 10 points or so. Each time I take it, I get more comfortable.

Last night it was really good. The first reading was 145/83, and then it dropped to 130/83, and even 126/83. This is still borderline, but it isn't 155. I am also over the fear.

I see my doc in 2 weeks, and I will continue to monitor. I will show him the results. Personally, I think it needs to be watched, since it is borderline. But I don't think I need medication yet. But I am not a doctor!

But overall this has been a great thing. I was scared of this a lot. This was something I had never given a thought to, until one bad reading. Things spiralled from there. Now I feel good.

kahi35
15-01-14, 22:14
omg I had to read this twice thinking it was my own post. im going through this rt now I just took my blood pressure and got a 135 /95 and I feeling wired head feelings now I want to check it again but getting anxious over it.