PDA

View Full Version : Back from the doctors

kittykat
16-11-06, 15:21
Hi all,
Well just back from the doctors, as you know from my prior posts anxietys been through the roof at the mo.
Anyway told him everything, described my throat symptoms again, how i was feeling, ended up in a fit of tears ( wish i could stop doing tht), and he had a good feel of my throat, said it would settle down ......it was a bit red and had some mucous but he was of the opinion it was anxiety related ( wish i could take that in still convinced its something sinister going on in there ). [Sigh...]
So after all that he has decided to prescribe Fluoxetine 20mg at the moment to see if they can help me, had a look at the side effects arrrrggghhhhh freaking out, has anyone had these tabs and if so what were your experiences with them, can't believe i've had to turn to meds thought i could rely on Cbt and myself to get me through this patch, I feel quite upset about that. :(

piglits pal
16-11-06, 15:52
Firstly - if your doctor had the slightest doubt whatsoever that there was anything wrong they would do the necessary referral. They only say "it's ok" if they are absolutely 100% sure that it's ok. Remember they are highly trained people that know what signs to look for. Try and remember that each time you get the "there's something wrong" thought.

There's nothing wrong with taking meds. Thousands upon thousands of people take them. Not everyone gets the side effects and for those that do - well they don't last long. Consider a short term boost to get you going on the path upwards. See how you go from there. It's nothing to be ashamed of. Sometimes you need a little kick start.

Hope that helps.