PDA

View Full Version : Thought I could do this but I can't... Dizziness is terrible

fedup36
16-01-14, 12:48
Hi All,

Well I thought I could beat this monster and take a step in the right direction but feel like I'm going the wrong way...

My dizziness has got really bad...
I just can't believe that it is anxiety anymore that's causing me to feel this way ...

I literally feel like I'm about to collapse all the time at the moment ... And there's nothing I can do to get away and make myself feel better :(

I keep getting really bad vertigo and then feel like I'm walking round like a drunk person... I also keep getting weird head pressure and feel like my brains moving.
When I'm sat down I feel like I'm bobbing up and down and lying down isn't making me feel better...

I have this huge fear that I'm about to suddenly faint or collapse and I can't seem to shift it... I just think what if I do today... What if no one finds me.... I just can't cope :(

I can't cope because I genuinely feel like something bad is brewing and that I am going to collapse...

Please help...

Tanner40
16-01-14, 12:56
Fed Up, you have felt this way several times before and you know that it is just anxiety. Anxiety causes all of the things that you are describing. I have had them all several times before. What are you doing to help yourself when the dizziness starts? Are you meditating or doing deep breathing? Reading any books? cBT? You can continue to do this but it's very important that you accept that this is anxiety.

LunaLiuna
16-01-14, 12:59
Aww, I'm so sorry you feel this bad, at least you tried to brave it though! welcome back, I'm sure everyone here will help you :)

HoneyLove
16-01-14, 13:14
Hey Fedup, have you talked to your VRT therapist about how you're feeling, or about the possibility of having MAV?

Did you look into TMJ?

fedup36
16-01-14, 13:46
Looked into it all...
Seeing my VRT therapist on Monday so will speak to them...
I feel really bad though, I'm finding it so hard to believe that nothing awful is about to happen. I honestly think I'm going to faint!!

HoneyLove
16-01-14, 13:54
I know the feeling well, it's a common one with both stress and balance disorders, and I don't blame you for feeling scared. However, you know that your anxiety feeds into all of this and makes you feel much worse so you've really got to focus on learning to trust your doctors and manage how you're feeling.

When is that CBT starting for you?

semper solus
16-01-14, 14:06
Hi

It might be a good idea to ask your doctor to refer you to an ent consultant
It could be inner ear problems. Low ear pressure in one or both ears can cause dizziness.
Also you eustation tube that run from your ear into the throat may not be working as it should.

I have the above problems which flare up. You might like to try some travel sickness tablets
Like stugeron they help with balance problems. Feel free to pm me

Leslie735
16-01-14, 14:29
It could be a combination of anxiety (as I can tell by your post you are very worried and anxious, which is totally understandable) and it also sounds like an inner ear issue. Like I said in your previous post, I've had vertigo twice after doing motion things. The first time was riding the Dumbo ride at Disney, I had it for about 2 weeks before it subsided, I did not take any medication or anything it just eventually went away. It was constant, sitting, standing, laying down. The only time I was comfortable is when I was asleep. Otherwise it felt like the room was tiling on me constantly. Then the 2nd time was after I have traveled in an airplane. It started the next morning after my trip. I went to an urgent care and they said I had a sinus infection (I did have a cold going into the trip) and the plane ride had pushed fluid into my ears and that was causing the dizziness. He gave me some antibiotics and told me to pick up some Clairtin D to help dry up the fluid in my ears and sent me on my way. I took the antibiotics but all it did was cause my stomach to freak out. So I discontinued it and continued on with my trip just taking the Clairtin D which did help some. I got back home a few days later and went to urgent care again at home one evening because the dizziness was getting worse since I had to fly back home. This Dr. said the same thing and gave me another antibiotic and some anit dizzy medication. The anti dizzy medication helped SO much. I felt almost normal while I was taking it. It took 3 solid weeks for the dizziness to finally subside. My dizziness just felt like I was walking on air and the room and other surroundings would tilt. I hope that helps some and I really hope you feel better! Keep us posted after your appointment! Ask about anti dizzy meds! I'll be praying for you! :hugs:

Freaked
16-01-14, 16:27
I assume you've had a head scan? If so, it might be inner ear like others have said. I've suffered with this a lot over the years; basically every time my ears get a bit blocked I get dizzy. Thing is, ENTs don't always see anything wrong with your ears because the problem is very far in and may not even be visible. So generally they just prescribe you the vertigo drug anyway to see if it helps. Either that or you might be constantly hyperventilating.

fedup36
16-01-14, 23:34
Hi guys, thanks for your replies.
I've seen 2 ENTs had 2 mris and had balance testing...
All results are normal.... Mine all started after a stressful job and a long haul flight...
Just had enough now and each time it happens I think ah, what if...
My neck seems to go funny to and I can feel the tension but it hits me out the blue and that's when it scares me...

dk74
17-01-14, 15:35
I started with this a couple of weeks ago! Everyday my head feels like a ten ton ball and I keep going dizzy. If it is anxiety, will SSRIs help? I have a GP appointment on Monday as it's getting on my nerves now.

ang37
17-01-14, 19:32
I'm sorry you feel this way:hugs: I get the same thing once in a wile at 1st I said to myself it was tumor. I would literally spend hours Googling.I felt the same had all kinds of test done and everything seems to be normal but I still did not convince my self it was anxiety. Until I gave up, I pay no attention to it and I was just dealing with it especially at work. For some reason now that I dont pain no mind to it and I just let it be is not as bad. I start to feel dizzy i kind make fun of myself. Like oHH!!! here we go the rollercoaster ride. after a wile it goes away. But I deal with this on and off your not alone You will be fine there is nothing wrong with us. The good things is you been check out think about that god bless you!

fedup36
17-01-14, 21:16
Guys, just want to say thanks or he support again...
I'm going to take a break from here again..

It was definitely a panic attack yesterday and I can say that now... Thanks for getting me through it:)

I say to myself o it's anxiety.... it bloodie well is and I need to treat that now as feeling poorly everyday for over a year has done my nut in!!