PDA

View Full Version : Just an update

willous1
16-01-14, 14:36
Hi,

Hope everyone is okay. Going through my CBT now and the woman is lovely. I have been having up and down days. I am still off work and I find mornings hard but still with my wife.
My latest difficulty is always thinking about what I'm doing and if I'm doing it right. All stems From google searches years back about dementia. I'm not as desperate to see doctor anymore. I took boys to nursery today as they have just started going to one they used to go to a few months back. A man started talking to me and I think a vaguely remember him but firstly would forgetting what someone looks like even be an early symptom and also does anyone else have this. I obviously don't know him well enough to know each other's name but stresses me that his kids went to same nursery a few months back and I occasionally dropped my boys off, could it just be that I didn't pay attention enough. Sorry for thread which also asks for a bit of reassurance but I am giving it my all and go nowhere near google.

TooMuchToLiveFor
16-01-14, 15:27
Hey Willous,
Soooo happy to hear therapy is going well for you!

I would say that is not only "normal for anxiety"...., but just plain normal! I have always considered myself to have a very good memory, and I do stuff like that all the time.

Hang in there and stay rational--- you are moving in the right direction for sure!

willous1
16-01-14, 16:21
Thank you.

Issues are not staying in my head as long as they did a few weeks back and I can be a bit more rational although the most silly things worry me still. I know there is no miracle cure but there is light at the end of the tunnel now.

MRS STRESS ED
16-01-14, 17:13
Willous1 so so pleased to hear your doing better keep up the hard work you will win this anxiety good luck :D

willous1
16-01-14, 17:23
Thank you, I am in a different place to where I was a few weeks back. I just wish I did not have to deal with mornings as I hate waking up but afternoons and evenings are much better. My brain is definitely focusing away a bit. Can I ask a silly question for reassurance. One of my sons was talking to me and my wife came out of kitchen and said what's he want. I then said, he but then didn't know what to say straight away and the other twin answered. After that I answered. It's like I didn't know what I was going to say but everything turns to dementia with me. Does that sound odd?
I really didn't think I would still have my wife and kids a few weeks ago so it's amazing I am in this place. I have been quite anxious about work lately and find it hard to talk to my manager. I feel sick about it which just isn't me. But thanks for support everyone.

MRS STRESS ED
16-01-14, 17:49
Willous1 no it doesnt sound stupid, Im the same someone in work asked me something and for the life of me I couldnt think or speak I do it all the time,I laugh at myself because if my head was loose id forget that too try not to worry it happens to lots of people x

saab
16-01-14, 18:17
Hi Willous. One of the tips that I have learned which is in both the Claire Weeks books and in Mindfulness/meditation, is to 'float' through things (as C Weekes describes it) and not to fight your thoughts. When a thought pops in your head, like 'Am I doing this right?', don't aggressively push it away or try to distract yourself. Instead relax, acknowledge the thought and let it drift away. Don't get pulled into the 'thought stream' of endless thoughts, one after the other. Bring your attention back to your activity, or to your breathing, if you are doing nothing. HTH.

TooMuchToLiveFor
16-01-14, 18:20
Be careful on the reassurance front, my friend. You are doing better, but just in this thread you are starting to spiral into needing reassurance about the same topic again and again. Focus on how you are in the process of recovering from anxiety. That is where true healing lies, and by focusing on other "illnesses" you end up feeding the dragon and he grows stronger. Starve something and it will shrink and wither away.

willous1
16-01-14, 18:54
:roflmao:
Be careful on the reassurance front, my friend. You are doing better, but just in this thread you are starting to spiral into needing reassurance about the same topic again and again. Focus on how you are in the process of recovering from anxiety. That is where true healing lies, and by focusing on other "illnesses" you end up feeding the dragon and he grows stronger. Starve something and it will shrink and wither away.

Your completely right, thank you. It's too easy to ask for reassurance and I've been doing a lot better. I find that as soon as I get reassurance I find something else.

---------- Post added at 18:54 ---------- Previous post was at 18:48 ----------

Hi Willous. One of the tips that I have learned which is in both the Claire Weeks books and in Mindfulness/meditation, is to 'float' through things (as C Weekes describes it) and not to fight your thoughts. When a thought pops in your head, like 'Am I doing this right?', don't aggressively push it away or try to distract yourself. Instead relax, acknowledge the thought and let it drift away. Don't get pulled into the 'thought stream' of endless thoughts, one after the other. Bring your attention back to your activity, or to your breathing, if you are doing nothing. HTH.

Great advice and trying hard to practice this. It does help and over time hopefully will make me a lot better.