PDA

View Full Version : Tmi question about bleeding (sorry!)

roxy90
16-01-14, 14:50
I've worked myself into a right old panic and I know people have experienced this so would just like someone to help me calm down a bit.

This morning I was struggling a bit to go to the toilet and noticed there was some blood in the bowel. When I wiped (to my horror) there was quite a bit of bright red blood with a clot in the middle. It has now stopped.

Thelast person I knew who had rectal bleeding four days later. It is the clot that has got me in such a mess. I've had itching and discomfort around there for months though, so rationally I assume it's related.

I practically live at the doctors and I'm trying not to go again, just would love some reassurance before I break down. :(

Thankyou x

Daisy Sue
16-01-14, 14:59
Clotting is what your body starts to do when it's cut, and only takes around 10 minutes to form, so honestly I wouldn't worry about what is a completely normal part of your healing process. If the blood's from something obvious like a little tear round there, or piles, then don't worry - maybe have a chat with a pharmacist and buy some over the counter stuff, or tell your doctor next time you're there.

Leslie735
16-01-14, 15:05
You said you were straining so most likely the bleeding is from that. Itching around the anus is a huge sign there is a either a hemorrhoid or a tear around the anus. Bright red blood is usually in the lower end and usually from either of those two. :hugs:

roxy90
16-01-14, 19:07
Thank you both so much. I never thought about clots that way, guess its because they look so scary. I feel a lot better now, It just seems to be one deathly illness one after another with me. Can you die from piles lol??

Fishmanpa
16-01-14, 19:29
Can you die from piles lol??

I imagine if it's large piles.....of poo.... perhaps ;)

Positive thoughts

Cags48
17-01-14, 19:12
Anusol is great for piles can buy it over the counter and they even sell it in tesco .