PDA

View Full Version : Tongue roof of mouth making sound, swallowing and gagging, pain under tongue

AmyLA
16-01-14, 21:07
I'm freaking out because i keep doing this weird thing with my mouth...
My tongue keeps 'releasing' itself from the roof of my mouth and makes a low dull 'popping' or 'clicking' sound (it's not really a popping or clicking sound but that's the closest adjectives to it)

It has been doing it out of the blue for the last two days and i can't control when it happens. There has also been some pain underneath my tongue which i'm putting down to a strained tongue.

I tried to google it of course, and all i could find on the matter is that you do it because of stress.

The reason why i'm so scared is that it almost feels like i'm gagging when it happens. And there is a lot of thick saliva making it even worse because i keep swallowing.

Is there anyone out there who has had something similar to this?

LunaLiuna
16-01-14, 21:14
I've done this, I think the popping sound is you pulling your tongue from the roof of your mouth, I think your right about the strained tongue thing too, mine gets sore in the back corners :)

AmyLA
16-01-14, 21:26
That's where my pain has been also!! I wish i didn't freak out over these little things! Good to know i'm not the only one, thanks for your reply :]

LunaLiuna
16-01-14, 21:28
And don't worry if you get bloated or get a little acid reflux, it'll be the swallowing, I ended up making my throat sore :)

AmyLA
16-01-14, 21:37
I have been getting both of those things, i thought it was because of an illness lol -_- i never thought it could have been the swallowing! Thank you!

Catherine S
17-01-14, 03:33
Tension can affect every part of us...when my anxiety was at its worst, even my eyes were tense!