PDA

View Full Version : Newbie with MS, anxious about 'the rest' of my health

Alex94
16-01-14, 21:08
Hi,

although I have never been diagnosed with depression/health anxiety etc., I'm pretty sure something's wong with me. Diagnosed with MS in March 2013, I consider myself quite lucky (so far, at least), because my disease has been quite mild.

However, I became very worried about my health when I started to suffer with m first MS symptoms. At the time I was sure I had brain tumour - neurological symptoms and headaches. And a late family member with brain tumour. I felt relieved when just after my MRI the technician told me ''once you get your results, go to the neurologist as soon as possible, it looks like MS!''.

Since then, every MS and non-MS symptom makes me look for possible causes, just because I was right (in a way that I was really ill) that one time. Bone cancer, melanoma, lymphoma, even MS misdiagnosis such as Lyme disease - I 'had' them all.

It's really annoying and scary, because sometimes I can spend an hour touching and checking lymph glands, legs and other parts of my body that look suspicious to my distorted mind. Hope to find some support here:)

Antonio2301
16-01-14, 22:41
Hi Alex :welcome: I`m sure you will find plenty of help and support here
Welcome aboard :D

Ant