PDA

View Full Version : Day 2 of fluoxetine

ballerina
16-01-14, 21:22
I've been feeling manically high since I started, couldn't sleep till 4:30am last night and woke up at 7am with my thoughts racing. I feel pretty goood, but I'm scared I'll come crashing down into some horrible depression. Feeling my normal amount of anxiety, at least that hasn't increased. Also feeling a little sick (not too much, didn't stop me dancing) and shaky. My ballet teacher noticed me shaking earlier and was like 'keep still Lucy!'. Also had a moderate headache yesterday but not today. Side effects aren't nearly as bad as I thought they'd be, hope I don't get worse, going to try and stick it out!

ballerina
18-01-14, 19:11
Day 4 - Having rather horrible upper abdominal pains, hope this is normal... Still feeling rather high but maybe it's started to work and that's normal compared to feeling depressed. Sweating rather a lot too, ew.

Vickyb
18-01-14, 19:32
Hi I took Fluoxetine for over two weeks and got so unwell I had to let my children go to family. After day 5 or 6 I could barely get out of bed but my doctor told me to persist. I got to two weeks and phoned my doctor as I was in such a panic state I could barely breath at that point. Just wanted to pre warn you to have help in place as I don't know how common this reaction is. I was told to stop taking them and within a few days I was feeling better than fine as I was so grateful the experience was over! Too scared to try any antidepressants since, but don't need them now

ballerina
19-01-14, 03:41
That's unlucky :/ hope that doesn't happen to me. Good that you don't need them now! Tbh maybe I'm lucky and it's going well for me, already had an extremely bad experience with a psychiatric drug, it was hell, but fluoxetine is going pretty well for me, minor side effects, and I've been drinking tonight and I don't feel any different to what I'd feel like if I wasn't on meds, I thought it'd be a huge difference. Maybe this is the med for me.

Vickyb
19-01-14, 08:40
I am glad to hear you feel normal on the fluoxetine. Good luck to feeling better

MrsCav
19-01-14, 09:53
I had a brilliant first month of fluoxetine. Had the same massive high and felt on top of the world. I'm now around day 47 and last week or two has been horrendous. However, I am sticking with it as I feel I've had a glimpse as to how fab life is going to be.

I had/have morning sweats and shakes but I'm now taking propranolol for the shakes. I don't have much appetite and I've lost a bit of weight but I know it will all go back on soon. I had/have trouble sleeping too but I have been taking Boots version of Nytol called Sleepease and that has helped massively.

I've read loads of threads about flux on this website and it appears it's a slow burner drug that takes a while to get into your system and can take a good couple of months. That's why I'm sticking with it. I feel a lot of people get feared with the increasing side effects and stop taking the tablet. But for those that have continued appear to do very well. There is an achieved thread by a poster called sickandtired (You'll have to google) and I have taken an enormous amount from reading what she went through. Especially when she is about 3 months in.

ballerina
21-01-14, 00:22
I've lost my appetite too, only had a crumpet and a salmon salad today, going to have to force myself to eat more otherwise I feel faint and more anxious! Feeling rather anxious today, but I'm not giving up after 6 days, if I want long term recovery I need to stick it out. I'll search that, thanks :)

---------- Post added at 00:22 ---------- Previous post was at 00:10 ----------

Also been clenching my teeth a lot, and gave myself rather bad jaw/toothache, tried to stop now that I'm aware of it. 0_0