PDA

View Full Version : Panicking over fluttery chest!

Freaked
16-01-14, 21:57
Help! I've been under extreme stress and getting a fluttery chest. It almost feels hollow like my heart is skipped a beat with every beat (ectopics), but my pulse seems to be regular so I'm hoping it's just a nerve? Freaking out and just want it to be be better. Hyperventilating and sweating and afraid to relax cos I keep getting the flutterings and vibrations :-(

Catherine S
17-01-14, 00:37
Do you feel its more in the chest itself or your heart is fluttering? I get the ectopics and heart flutters and its not always down to stress with me though, it can happen if i overload my stomach with spicy food etc, then its down to the Vagus nerve which when irritated can make your heart go a bit wonky!

ChopperHD
17-01-14, 16:16
Hi, I'm an ex paramedic. Just a thought, have your blood pressure checked. I got symptoms that I recognized as akin to an MI but it was because my BP was too high.

Freaked
17-01-14, 17:02
Thanks. ChopperHD, I have a condition that causes low blood pressure, and it seems to be on the low side when this happens, in spite of how freaked out I get. Makes me worry my heart isn't beating right, but I've had all kinds of checks on it. My pulse seems to feel normalish (90-110) when this happens.

I Still Believe, I don't really know if it's my heart or my chest. I know I can get weird vibrations in my chest that aren't my heart at all, but it's hard to tell with this. It feels odd with every beat, but I don't know if it's just triggering a nerve or something.

Amandala
17-01-14, 23:56
Hi freaked,
I get this a lot too lately. And my BP usually runs low, and like you- as much as I freak out my heart rate is running 90-110 around the times it happens. Sometimes it feels like my shoulders are a little weak too. Doc said its nothing to worry about. :)

Freaked
18-01-14, 17:24
Thanks, Amandala! That makes me feel a bit better. It's such an unsettling sensation.