PDA

View Full Version : Confused.. Colon Cancer? Please help!

Seans113
17-01-14, 03:31
I've been a long time lurker and now I can't seem to stop posting :P

Well, if you're familiar with my other posts, I've been suffering from some HA symptoms lately. Fear of HIV, MS, Brain Tumors, etc etc have all come up.

But, today I have a new occurrence that I just need to talk to someone about.

Brief back story: I came down with flu like symptoms, and had to go to the ER bc I felt as though I couldn't breathe. The docs took an X ray, and gave me antibiotics and diagnosed me with bronchitis.

Simultaneously, I had two wisdom teeth removed, and one formed a dry socket. I guess 2014 isn't my year so far. :(

It has now been a week, and although I am starting to feel better with the flu like symptoms, I have developed a couple more that are worrisome.

(Sorry for the gruesomeness)
For a few days I have felt this sporadic kind of dull pain in my right side, sort of under the rib cage, but definitely not all the time. Sometimes I actually feel 100%. Nothing feels out of place, but when I touch something on the side, it is a bit tender. My gf says this feels like a knot, and gave me a massage, which may have added to the tenderness.

However, gruesome part, today I woke up and had a bit of a runny stool that caused a bit of itchiness. Thinking nothing of it, I carried on with my morning and got some lunch. Shortly after eating the lunch, it felt as though my previous bowel movement wasn't finished, and I had to go again. There was minor itchiness, and a bit of pain and struggle, and at the end, i noticed there was a tiny bit of bright red blood on the toilet paper.

Obviously I rushed to google, and started worrying about colon cancer. But I have read that bright red on toilet paper isn't the worst sign. Which made me ease up a bit. However, the sometimes pain in my right side has caused a worry that it's all related.

Since this afternoon, when I discovered the blood, I have not used the bathroom and the side pain isn't worse than before, which helps. But I do feel a little hot, and have a 99-100 low grade fever on the thermometer.

Can anyone pleaseeeee help me with this. I know, I am definitely working on my HA, actually going to see a therapist within the month, but for now, I am seriously worried.

Thank you to all that gave this the time of day.

---------- Post added at 03:31 ---------- Previous post was at 03:29 ----------

A couple more things to note:

I have been feeling a slight feeling of bloating for a while now. (maybe a week or two.)
No loss in appetite

Had a physical and bunch of bloods run in December (WBC RBC Liver 100% according to the doctor)

All signs point to okay, but I keep reading that blood in the stool (or on the toilet paper) is not something to ignore.

Fishmanpa
17-01-14, 03:37
Hemorrhoids, fissures can and do cause bright red blood when you go. IBS and other anxiety related bowel issues cause some of the bloaty, crampy and runny stool issues as well. Hope you feel better.... and stop consulting Dr. Google! He's totally FOS... pun intended!

Positive thoughts

Seans113
17-01-14, 07:12
Thank you

That's what I keep telling myself but the side pain and fever are kind of freaking me out!
Any ideas about those?

Also thank you for your input. You are truly a great asset to this forum :)

---------- Post added at 07:12 ---------- Previous post was at 04:08 ----------

Anyone else have any ideas?

katielou80
17-01-14, 07:52
i get bright red blood so does hubby! its piles x

Andrash
17-01-14, 08:30
Naaah, no cancer in there but a slightly persistent case of anxietitis may be lurking ;)

Fly away Katie
17-01-14, 11:51
Oh my god- for the past week I've also had that weird feeling in right rib and now am really bloated and uncomfy :( I wonder what's causing it. So worried.

Cags48
17-01-14, 19:08
Sounds like piles they can itch like mad and bleed

Seans113
18-01-14, 03:38
So I woke up this morning with a fever of 103 and a headache. Obviously I freaked out but luckily my GP was able to see me.

He basically diagnosed me with a flu and gave me some "heavy artillery" antibiotics and some other meds.

I have moments where my fever completely vanishes and then it comes back (but definitely not 103)

I also asked about the right side tightness and blood on toilet paper which he dismissed as a small hemorrhoid saying "if it's on the tp you're fine, and chances of cancer at your age (22) are very slim"
But he did say to come back after the flu has passed just get checked out, which gave me some relief.

Anyways, I just wanted to thank you all for your input. I haven't passed any bowel movements yet today (kinda scared) but hopefully all will be well.

Seans113
19-01-14, 05:50
Just bumping this to see if anyone else is experiencing/has experienced the side pressure.

To repeat, its pretty much in one spot on my right side (right under the rib cage on the side of the body) and it just feels like pressure from time to time.

I've been on bed rest for the flu so I don't get up much, but I tend to only feel it when I am on my feet. But even then sometimes it goes away completely.

I wouldn't call it pain AT ALL. Just pressure. Also there seems to be a spot on my right rib cage that is tender/painful to the touch, but feels normal otherwise. Don't know if they're related but the rib pain is there every time I touch it.

Could it be a stitch? I don't really know what that is.

Thanks!

SadSadie
19-01-14, 08:06
Yes, I feel that too. It reminds me of when I was pregnant, and the baby would stick a foot up under my ribs. Just a feeling of pressure, a bit uncomfortable.

I do this this is anxiety though, as I also got it about 5 years ago when I had my first major HA crisis.

Hope this helps a little.

Sadie x