PDA

View Full Version : feeling tearful but determined not to let the anx win!

Annie0904
17-01-14, 12:18
I have been so much better anxiety wise but the past couple of weeks feel it creeping back. Rationally I know January is not a good month anyway. I have had a terrible cold which is still lingering and has affected my ears quite badly. I feel like my head is full of cotton wool.
There is so much happening this year. My parents 60th wedding anniversary in March (I am having about 30 people at my house for the celebration) My daughters wedding in September. I will have 5 people from abroad staying at my house for a couple of weeks. My son is getting married next year.
All of these I should be excited about but at the moment everything is too much for me and my mind won't focus on anything.
My doctor has already told me my hormone levels are messed up (menopause). My doctors are in the process of changing computer systems so only doing emergency appointments until it is sorted. When they get it sorted I have decided I will take HRT which I am hoping will help.

At the moment I am getting an average of 4 hours sleep a night.
I don't really know the purpose of this post except for me to write it down and get my head around it :) Also some hugs may help as I am feeling sorry for myself. :doh: I am sure if I was feeling physically well I would be able to deal better with the anxiety. I have kept myself busy this morning making a lavender cake, (hoping the lavender with calm me :) ). A cup of tea and cake...the answer to all life's problems :D (I wish).

jackie13
17-01-14, 13:05
Hello Annie

Oh so sorry to hear that you are still under the weather:(

It will most defo be the cold and the fluctuating hormones. Well done for seeing it for what it is and keeping busy. Also lack of sleep won't help Hun.

Take one thing at a time, March is still along way off and you will be feeling much better by then and will quite easily be able to cope with things.

This hormone business is an eye opener for me as well. However, I have tried to turn it on its head and when I do get anxious at certain times, I think to myself "don't worry just your hormones" it's a relief to me as my greatest fear is that I have something seriously mentally wrong!

Maybe just try it Annie, it's your cold, lack of sleep and hormones.

Dunno if any of this has helped, but I think your GREAT even though you can't make mushy peas lol:)

Sending you MAJOR big hugs

Jackie xxxx

Big Hugs from Betty, Charlie, Dolly, Pixie, Lucas and Bad Mouth AKA Nigel Bo Teeth!!

Annie0904
17-01-14, 13:27
Thank you Jackie, your post has made me smile :) I knew it was going to be a bad morning when I got up and got a bowl for my cereals and cup for my tea and put a spoonful of sugar and a tea bag in the cereal bowl...Hormones? :D

---------- Post added at 13:27 ---------- Previous post was at 13:07 ----------

I have got an appointment with the doctor on Monday morning :) HRT here we come :)

Magic
17-01-14, 15:21
:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:for you Annie.
I am well past the menopause Annie, but I am still doing daft things all the time.
I am sitting here looking into my bathroom wondering how on earth I am going
to get any incentive to clean it.
You are in for a busy year ahead!!!!:)

MrAndy
17-01-14, 15:45
chin up annie try and take each day as it comes,i often put my tea in the fridge where the milk should be and im a bloke :)

MRS STRESS ED
17-01-14, 16:00
Oh Annie I hope you feel better soon, with what you said you have got coming up this year and not feeling well and then add hormones its not supprising your feeling anxious, have some you time feet up piece of your lovely cake cup of tea de caff of course :D hope you feel better soon xx

Annie0904
17-01-14, 16:16
Thank you Magic, Mr Andy and Mrs Stress ed :) MrAndy it is nice to know I am not the only one doing daft things :)
I have had a piece of my lavender cake and my neighbour heard I had baked one so called in to share it :) A good excuse to eat cake :D...well lavender is calming isn't it? :)

jackie13
17-01-14, 17:47
Hi Annie

How are you feeling? Did the lavender cake do its job?

I think HRT could be the way forward for you, can't hurt to try.

Now, I am not home from work yet. I live in Milton Keynes, originally from York, so the Shandy Drinking Milton Keynes softies sometimes have trouble understanding me! Why am I telling you this?

Currently just realised I am sat in my local residents pub with a pint of carling in front if me, a copy of the Sun and surrounded by blokes! I have a Stew in the slow cooker at home, could it be the perrimenopause? I reckon so!!

Keep smiling Hun, you will be fine:)

More BIG hugs
Jackie xxxx

Annie0904
17-01-14, 17:50
I don't know if the lavender cake has worked for my anx but it was nice :)
My son used to live in York but recently moved. He still does quite a bit of work there though. My favourite UK city :) xx

Janine
17-01-14, 17:57
Big Hug Annie, hope you feel better soon, get your hormones sorted and that I am sure will help, my anxiety is creeping back at the moment too, I have had acidiy tummy etc for a few days and as my tummy is what started all this off over a year ago now I am sure that is why I feel off, I have lost my appetite and my legs are wobbly and I hate that feeling, have had the afternoon off work and I think although I have tried to keep busy I am worried it will come back, you were really bad when I was. I am rambling now but just wanted you to know that you are not alone. My son got married last August and I was worried like you but it all turned out fine. xx

Annie0904
17-01-14, 18:01
Hi Janine, I am sorry you are starting to feel the anxiety again too. I gues both of us have physical problems at the moment (my cold and your tummy) and that seems to be a trigger for the anxiety. We just need to convince ourselves that is what it is and it will go soon. I hope we can both keep our positive attitudes and talk to ourselves rationally so we can shoo the an away :hugs::hugs:

Janine
17-01-14, 18:23
I am sure we will, I think you are right, physically we are down and that triggers it all off, I know it will go away again for both of us, I just hate it when it hits back especially when most of the time I have been more or less fine.

I will give myself a good talking to.

xx

Annie0904
17-01-14, 18:29
We have got through it before Janine so we can do it again and every time we do we will get a bit stronger :)

Tessar
17-01-14, 19:29
Matey.... If there were 30 people coming to my house, well I would be somewhat apprehensive to say the least! Add to that the other things going on (including having 5 people to stay) .... Well even the best of people, that is ones who don't get anxious would perhaps stop & think.... "Wow I have got alot going on" and maybe just have the odd moment of apprehension!
Add to that your recent cold (which has been unpleasant and came on top of another cold and your hormonal issues) well.... As u rightly say ..... If u were feeling physically well then maybe you could deal better with the anxiety.
Anyway.... I am sure alot of people would agree that when u r depressed, anxious etc..... Trying to get excited (even about really exciting things) is not easy. I find that very difficult to achieve. I've got a big holiday lined up for later in the year but at the moment I am not really thinking about it.
It's a bit more difficult to try not to think about things u r much more involved with & arranging. Basically, Annie, you need to decide how much of you that u r willing to give to these things going on. There is no point over thinking any of this. I am sure you do know that and as regards why u posted, well isn't it true what they say..... "A trouble shared is a trouble halved"..... I am hoping that getting this down on "virtual" paper has helped u??
See if this might help.... I would write a timeline for the next few months. Put key things down first.... The ones driven by deadlines. Particularly if there r things u need to arrange specifically for the wedding. So although the wedding comes later in the year it would help u to have a note of what needs doing and when. I would find this takes the pressure of me.
As ever u r already doing what u can to help yourself (including your post too). You always try to help yourself but sometimes we all need hugs & support, particularly when u haven't bn well & u certain,y haven't. These hugs r 4u........... :bighug1: :bighug1: :bighug1: :bighug1: :bighug1: :bighug1: :bighug1: :bighug1: :bighug1: :bighug1: :bighug1: :bighug1: :bighug1: :bighug1: :bighug1: :bighug1: :bighug1: :bighug1:
:bighug1: :bighug1: :bighug1: :bighug1: :bighug1: :bighug1:

Oh and can I have some cake please.... I'll make the coffee or tea if u prefer....... :winks:

Annie0904
17-01-14, 20:03
Thank you Tessar very wise words as always :) I am just so tired and drained at the moment. I am sure that in a few days I will pick myself up again. I have my doctors appointment on Monday (which I think is also making me a bit anxious). I feel like I need a really good cry but can't :(.
Writing it down has helped. The arrangements for the wedding are all organised so I think I am worrying about the day so need to start thinking about a day at a time instead of fast forwarding to the end of the year :doh:

Barnabas75
24-01-14, 22:11
Hope you are feeling better Annie.:flowers:

Annie0904
24-01-14, 22:21
Thank you Greg, I am feeling better than I was when I started this thread. My cold has gone now and I am coping with the anxiety better again. Thank you for asking :hugs:

TooMuchToLiveFor
24-01-14, 22:23
Glad to hear it, Friend!

Annie0904
24-01-14, 22:23
Glad to hear it, Friend!

Thank you :) :hugs:

WhyWhyWhy
24-01-14, 22:24
Glad to hear it too lovely x

Barnabas75
24-01-14, 22:28
Thats good to hear Annie.

Annie0904
24-01-14, 22:28
Glad to hear it too lovely x

Thank you...trying to keep my positive and rational hat on and my good friends on NMP all help me to achieve it :)

Tessar
24-01-14, 22:39
Yay.... U should model That positive rational hat for the rest of us!
Glad u r feeling well again.

Annie0904
24-01-14, 22:46
I will do that Tessar :)

WhyWhyWhy
24-01-14, 23:30
Positive and rational

This is something we all could adopt from you :):bighug1:

Annie0904
25-01-14, 11:03
Positive and rational

This is something we all could adopt from you :):bighug1:

I am happy to share it :)
The only way to overcome anxiety is to change all our negative thoughts into positive (write them down to start with only it becomes automatic) And let your rational mind argue with the irrational and let the rational win.