PDA

View Full Version : Result of my trip to the doctors

AnxiousPansa
17-01-14, 15:45
Hi everyone :)
went to the doctor today about my breathing and my results were this: heart rate: perfectly normal, she listened to my lungs and said they were perfectly clear :) blood pressure is perfect :) She gave me a peak flow monitor awsell but I cant seem to reach the ideal range at the mo :( But anyway I am super happy now because I feel I can truly begin on the road to recovery knowing that this is all anxiety :) x

LunaLiuna
17-01-14, 15:48
See! I told you, I'm glad your okay :D

AnxiousPansa
17-01-14, 15:53
Hehe thanks :D x

TooMuchToLiveFor
18-01-14, 13:19
Hi, AP,
Glad to hear that your doc appt went so well! I want to encourage you to get treatment for the only illness you do have-- anxiety. If you can nip it in the bud now while it is still in its early stages you will be able to heal much more quickly. What plan do you have to address your anxiety issue so that it will not invade your life?

AnxiousPansa
18-01-14, 14:50
thank you :) I have read claire weekes book and intend to apply her policies to my anxiety and I also am going to try to start meditation :) I was just wondering how best to deal with my shortness of breath - should I take slow deep breaths or 'float' through it as Calire Weekes writes in her book because she doesnt cover much about breathing? thanks :)

TooMuchToLiveFor
18-01-14, 16:34
You know, what? That is a good question. I was actually thinking about that yesterday when I was having an episode of anxiety induced chest-aching and what felt like breathing difficulties. I will be interested to hear what others have to share......to start though, remember- THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH YOUR LUNGS- and you will continue to breathe just fine. It is just you getting in your own way that makes through spiraling with anxiety that makes it feel so bad.
I know in the beginning when I tried to do my diaphragmatic breathing through an attack- all I could think about was how I "couldn't get a breath." Now that I am farther down the recovery road I can do the deep breathing. Will ask my CBT counselor on Monday and see what he has to say so that I can share it with you. Would it be possible for you to see a CBT therapist? (Cognitive Behavioral Therapy)

AnxiousPansa
18-01-14, 16:49
Yeah thats what I feel like when I panic that I cant do the diaphragm breathing cause I cant even take a breath but like you said I must remember that nothing is wrong with my lungs! I am on the waiting list for two counselors and have been for months but hopefully I can get help soon! Please do I would love to hear what she has to say x