PDA

View Full Version : My worst day yet......impending doom

ryangreen
17-01-14, 19:56
So other than my first panic attack this is my worst day yet BY FAR!!!!!

Woke up this morning with the most uncomfortable chest pain and it hasn't let up at all it still feels like my heart is in a vice being squeezed to the point of explosion. Usually I can talk my self down and fell myself chances are I will be ok. For some reason my usual coping techniques which include guided meditation and simple journaling isn't working I even lashed out at my wife for not being as supportive as I thought she should be. I don't know what's wrong with me today. I have never been like this I have never been so scared so unsure yet so sure at the same time that I am just waiting for something to go wrong with my heart. I have even been tossing around the idea of just going down to the emergency room and sitting there so that if something happens I will be attended to immediately.

I don't know why I am rambling but I just needed to vent I guess

JITTERBUG1
17-01-14, 20:26
Maybe you slept wrong and have something pinched in your back referring the pain to your chest. The more you think about it the tighter your muscles will get. Try doing some deep breathing and stretches. You could go down to the ER to have some peace of mind. I am sure YOU ARE FINE though. I am sorry your wife is not being supportive today. Support and understanding is what we need the most. You do have us here, though. Feel free to release your frustrations on here. Take Care

Tiff

Jojomarymoo
17-01-14, 20:34
Hey fellow panicker, sounds very much like a panic attack but go to docs for peace of mind, they won't mind :) I've been having awful moments of panic, dread and feeling strange, thinking I must get to the hospital now because if I'm already there they'll be able to save me. My first panic attack was a year ago and they still scare me. I had tests done as I was sure it was something serious but docs were fine about it that's what they get paid for. I totally understand where you're coming from...it's good to talk about it as you realise you're not alone.

Fishmanpa
17-01-14, 20:37
It's obvious you recognize this is not your heart based on your first sentence. Obviously, if it were, you wouldn't be here posting about it ;)

Hope you feel better.

Positive thoughts