PDA

View Full Version : new member, seeking someone who feels the same as me :)

just_do_it
17-01-14, 23:26
hello, I might aswell get straight to it. Im a 22 year old medical biology student, have always been a nervous kind of person, but since 2011/12 ish, I started getting panic attacks, and feeling anxious a lot of the time. I did a lot of research into this, and I feel its a mix of a lot of things, so I would say I have a general anxiety disorder. I am petrified of going to the doctors too, unless I really really really have to. Im also totally squeamish all of a sudden aswell, as in I panic when visiting anyone in hospital, or even when people talk about anything gross like blood. I think this could be because of where I had my first panic episode. I was doing some training to be a volunteer for the ambulance service, they put a video on showing a guy having a heart attack. and me being the hypochondriac drama queen that I am started to feel anxious, then my heart started to pound, so hard I could feel it in my face, I thought I was gonna faint. then it passed, and no one noticed. but then I was worried I would have that horrible feeling again. it really is horrible. I had one long episode today in fact, when I was in a shop. but I can go for months feeling normal, then I feel the anxiety come back.
I have been reading posts on here for about a year and they always seem to help me and lessen my worries, so I decided to join, especially after today. I would just like to talk to someone who feels like me, if theres anyone here.
anyway enough of my babbling :) I know I have more strength than mike Tyson, and I always face these scary issues head on, because that's all I can do ...:D

LunaLiuna
17-01-14, 23:31
Awwh :welcome: there are many people here who've experienced what you have, I'm sure you'll find all the help you need, although it seems like you have a fair amount of strength already! ;)

just_do_it
17-01-14, 23:36
:yesyes: thanks for being so welcoming :) I wanna kick worry and panic up the ass for good, and I can help anyone who would like my help to do it too xxxxx:D

MRS STRESS ED
17-01-14, 23:41
Hello and welcome you have come to the right place,there is lots of help and support here xx

MrsH
17-01-14, 23:43
Hello & welcome from one newbie to another

:welcome: x

just_do_it
18-01-14, 00:00
hellooo :)

Kev-g
18-01-14, 00:17
Hi, not been here long myself, but there is some great advice and help, good luck