PDA

View Full Version : Effexor headaches/pressure in head.

xeno732
18-01-14, 03:25
I have been on Effexor for the first time now for about 2 months. I started at 150mg and now am at 300mg, as my anxiety was very bad. I suffered an intense substance-induced panic attack that left me traumatized. That was around a month ago, and I am now doing much better. However, I am dealing with BAD headaches. I am a person who gets headaches often, but now on Effexor they are worse. I was told the headaches lessen, but 2 months in and I am still getting them nearly every day. They get worse if I bend over or go from sitting to standing. I also feel a weird pressure and slight dizziness all day long, that comes and goes. My eyes feel heavy and strained.

Wondering if anyone else experiences this? I am thinking of talking to my doc about lessening the dose - does that lessen the side effects? Maybe if I took it at night instead of the morning? Thanks for any replies.

spawn
19-01-14, 00:45
Hi, I suffer headaches a lot and migraines.
When I was on Ven yes they got worse and more frequent when the dose got higher.
I would have a headache for 2-3days at a time.
I was given paracetamol and codeine to take, but then I got to a stage where I couldn't go a day without taking codeine because it made me feel good, it's actually quite addictive!
I got to a point where I was settled so lowered my Ven dose and my headaches and other SE's got less in time.

Hope this helps, many speak to your doctor about it?

xeno732
19-01-14, 21:56
Thank you, it does help :) Good to know that they lessened with a smaller dosage. I am going to talk to my doctor tomorrow about going down to 150mg. Thanks!