PDA

View Full Version : Please help... Don't know whether to phone an ambulance

fedup36
18-01-14, 10:23
Here I am thinking I'm ok... I'm really not :(

I was just walking around with my boss and suddenly I had this surge/wave come over me... There was this low rumbling noise and it just set me off... I suddenly got really dizzy and had the most weird head sensation, I then started to spin and feel really sick... I thought I was about to faint/collapse or have a seizure... I carried on walking but felt like I was drunk...
It literally came from
No where... I've now started having a panic attack and I'm all sweaty and my skins gone all hot and horrible :( I just feel terrible and want to phone an ambulance :(

It can't be anxiety just coming over that intense out the blue :(

hheavenlyangel
18-01-14, 10:31
Its hard to say :(. . When I am having a panic attack I quite often feel that way, it usually comes on suddenly and I have almost the same feeling as you describe. Have you had something to eat? Just remember you're ok. I hate that sweaty skin feeling, and the flushes.

Elen
18-01-14, 10:53
Hi Fed

It most probably is anxiety and it can come over like this.

Check out the symptoms of anxiety listed on the left hand side of the forum and I am sure that you will recognise the feelings you are experiencing.

fedup36
18-01-14, 11:09
I went to the first aid room at where I am... She said it's all anxiety....
Especially the coming out of the blue... Feeling a bit better now :)
At the time I just can't tell myself it is anxiety....

cattia
18-01-14, 11:11
Was it an intense head rush with dizziness? I have had this sort of thing lots of times. I believe it is casued by tensing your head and neck muscles and over focusing on things. It usually passes straight away but I can see how it could cause a panic attack. I have had this occassiinal times over many, many years and I am still here!

fedup36
18-01-14, 14:23
Yes I suppose it was, no tunnel vision or anything though...
I have noticed that my neck is bad and quite tense whilst I am walking around, like of I have my handbag over one shoulder it seems to make my general off balance worse....

Tanner40
18-01-14, 14:28
Good job on recognizing that it was merely anxiety, Fed Up. Just keep remembering that it can't hurt you. Did you try to rationally think about your thoughts and put the lie to them? How about deep breathing? That generally works well for me.

HoneyLove
18-01-14, 14:41
Sorry this happened to you fedup, you're having a horrible time with the dizzies lately. Make sure that you mention this one to your VRT therapist, include the info about the low rumbling sound too and the type of dizziness that you felt (like was the room spinning or did you just feel drunk). Be as detailed as you can with her.

fedup36
18-01-14, 16:14
Tanner, it was good speaking it through to the first aided to be honest... She said sounds like classic anxiety. The problem is I think you can feel very alone with his so it was sort of good being able to speak to someone quite openly about it...

Honeylove, I take notes every dizzy spell ready to discuss :)
This one just caught me very off guard and it was like the low rumbling caused it to happen... I don't normally get the sick feeling either so wasn't very pleasant... Was just a really intense dizzy feeling... Felt like my brain was really moving to one side and I just didn't feel right atall.. Not really like my normal vertigo which was what scared me to... X

Allyann
19-01-14, 11:32
Hope you're feeling a little better now. I know exactly the symptoms you describe. I get something very similar when I'm over breathing.

Sending you lots of good thoughts and glad you felt able to share on here. As well as getting support for yourself you'd be surprised how much you might be helping someone else without even realising.

Ally

fedup36
19-01-14, 13:18
Thank you, feeling slightly better today... Although my dizzy zaps have come back :(
I get a weird shock sensation... And then horrible dizzy spells :( I still have this fear that I am having a seizure :(

LunaLiuna
19-01-14, 13:44
Hello Fedup, I see you wrote that you had a pretty tense neck on one side, have your tried any massage or relaxation techniques? I've had the low rumbling sound, I get it when people talk sometimes. I attributed it to being super tense. dizziness can be caused by tension as well, as the muscles tighten and affect your inner ear by pushing on it.

I found as soon as I started to relax the rumbling subsided. I used ibuprofen gel as well to stop inflammation which was causing me aches and pains :)

fedup36
19-01-14, 14:38
I've always thought that it was the tension in my neck causing this but the doctors and ent's don't think it is... It's the sternocleidomastoid muscle that a sports masseuse told me could be causing all my problems... So the anxiety is making me tense and that's why these issues are happening :(

LunaLiuna
19-01-14, 16:09
Yeah I have TMJ caused by my anxiety which has caused me a lot of problems, I think you should try and relax. maybe do some massage or somethings and see how it goes :)

countrygirl
19-01-14, 19:55
Yes I suppose it was, no tunnel vision or anything though...
I have noticed that my neck is bad and quite tense whilst I am walking around, like of I have my handbag over one shoulder it seems to make my general off balance worse....

Tense neck muscles from whatever reason can cause severe vertigo and dizziness as you have balance receptors in the bones and muscles of your neck that send messgaes to your inner ear. As told to me by a neurosurgeon as I have severe neck problems and bad dizziness/vertigo.

I always gets panic attack type symtoms whenever I get vertigo as your body gives an adrenalin rush from the scary sensations. Its normal reaction of your body to a horrible sensation!

fedup36
19-01-14, 20:41
Ah thank you :)
I'm not sure who to approach about the neck issues really...

TooMuchToLiveFor
19-01-14, 20:43
I hava a very good chiropractor who has done wonders for me the last couple of years. I have a lot of neck problems which lend to bad headaches, dizziness, and vertigo. Experiencing the dizziness today as a matter of fact- and going to visit my chiropractor tomorrow. :)

fedup36
19-01-14, 21:15
I went to the chiropractor a while ago and was symptom free for 5 days... However I have this fear that it's going to make everything worse and I'm going to end up having a stroke :(